• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

License plate holder on trailer?

danielcasey01

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Hi Everyone--
This is probably a silly question, however, I will ask it anyway! Bought a 2008 SX 230 during COVID last year (love the boat, by the way) and could not register the trailer then. Just got my plates and don't see where to mount them on the trailer. Last owner, only towed it 2 miles/2x per year and never got plates. Am I missing something on the trailer or do I need to fabricate something?
Thanks for any help,
Dan

Your drivers rear trailer tail light should have a bracket under the light housing. If not, it has probably been broken off. DOT regulations say that it must be illuminated at night so be sure to mount under the tailight that has a clear lens on the bottom.

In Florida, you can request a motorcycle plate for a trailer because the plate is 1/3 the size of a regular one and does not get bent or damaged on the trailer.

Not a stupid question at all. My boat trailers always have the license plate mounted under the left tail light which also has a cutout and lense in the bottom to illuminate the plate. The mount is usually plastic and comes with the lights but I’ve seen the mounts sold separately at auto parts stores like auto zone.

Attachments

• CB875293-E621-4B94-9583-56ABFD8CBC05.png
    CB875293-E621-4B94-9583-56ABFD8CBC05.png
    988.1 KB · Views: 5
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 5
Last edited:
I suggest you mount the plates to a piece of rubber sheet. This will allow it to flex as you pull the trailer in and out of the water thereby mitigating the risk of losing it.

I may buy this one for the look and because it’s metal.
82B498C7-7662-4F99-B305-4C29AFD87483.pngHe

Back