• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Location for batteries?

bthessel

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So on the AR230 I bought over winter the previous owner had installed ballast bags under both sides of the rear seats. The single battery he had was all the way to the front of the compartment under the convertible section on the port side. I want to add dual batteries and an onboard charger. I bought a second group 24 AGM and a ProSport 12 charger. Now I realize I don't know where to put things as the ballast bag takes up all the space.

What have others done when they have ballast bags installed?

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
If there is no room under the convertible seat then perhaps inside the helm?

KXCam22

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
My bags are further back which allows the battery to only need to be moved forward 12". Sounds like your bags are mounted forward or extra long ones. Cam.

bthessel

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
If there is no room under the convertible seat then perhaps inside the helm?
I managed to fit them in right in front of the bag, Originally wanted to use battery boxes but they were just too bulky and had to go with trays instead.