• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Long Term Storage (Winterization) w/out a Hose Hookup

Sgblaine

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
All, I'm looking for a little advice on how to run the boat engine for the purpose of fogging when I don't have a Hose Hookup. Not looking to debate if I need to Fog or Not, but more about how to safely run the engine when I don't have water pressure coming from the hose.

BOAT: 2021 AR210
SITUATION: Boat is stored at the lake, but my property is not developed - therefore I do not have running water. My only access to water is either sitting in the Lake, or carried in 5-gallon buckets.

I have seen a YouTube video posted where a boat owner hung antifreeze from a bucket and connected to the hose hook up to run the engine. I am not looking to use Antifreeze; however, I'm thinking I could follow this same approach. Will there be enough water pressure pulled into the engine using gravity to prevent any damage to the engine? I don't image it will run very long, but don't want to cause harm.

Is there a better approach? I was thinking I could also try to fog the engine while sitting on the trailer at the Boat Ramp as I pull it out at the end of the season. However, I go this route, I'm afraid that once I pull the boat out of the water, I don't want to "rev" the engine to expell any final water that might be in the pump as it would burn off the Fogging Oil.

I may be over thinking this, but would appreciate any insights/guidance.

Thanks

when you pull the boat out, run the engine 5 or 10 seconds 2-3 times to blow water out of the exhaust,

how are you going to fog,
1. pull the plugs and spray into the cylinders
2. spray into the air intake while the engine is running until it bogs down and stops
3. at one point the newer engines had a fogging port to spray into, I can't remember if that was discontinued,

either way you can easily run your boat for a minute or two without the cooling hose hooked up.

Back