• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Looking for a Galvanized Trailer 21' Yamaha

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I am looking for a Galvanized Trailer for a 2018-2022 21' Yamaha. Willing trade my painted trailer, in excellent condition with upgraded jack stand, in exchange, possibly some cash, or buy outright. We may have an opportunity to share a home and use in Florida available to use whenever we want. Reached out to my dealer but haven't gotten a response yet.

Spoke with dealer. He doesn't have anything. Also mentioned that there are challenges with boats coming in with painted trailers instead of Galvanized/Aluminum when they were specifically ordered with them.

If anyone has a line on one for my boat or has seen one let me know.

Have you considered getting a custom built one? Could get something a lot better for prob not much more money.

What part of FL?

Just Outside of Destin.

I was looking to do something not to expensive, since the ultimate goal would be to get a bigger boat in a couple few years.

Just Outside of Destin.

I was looking to do something not to expensive, since the ultimate goal would be to get a bigger boat in a couple few years.

From what I have seen on here, you can get one built in the 3k range. I would imagine a used one will cost $2500. Trade is probably going to be very hard to find.

I was looking around and they were 6k ish. Perhaps I was looking in the wrong spot.

I was looking around and they were 6k ish. Perhaps I was looking in the wrong spot.

I will ask around with local friends and see if I can get a better idea on price and places.

Did you find a good place to get a trailer? I just moved to the panhandle from North Louisiana and I new a new trailer.

I was thinking of calling Legenday Marine Dry Storage…. But I really have no clue where to start. I have a ‘08 212x.

(What is the best way to sell/dump the painted trailer?)

No I never found one, kind of stopped looking. Was hoping to swap with someone. Found a people who would swap yamaha trailer but not the 21' size :(

I would just go ahead and purchase an aluminum trailer for the boat., and then sell the painted trailer. Should be relatively easy to sell a painted trailer in the mid-west. I think if you ever decided to sell (or trade) the boat in Florida, an aluminum trailer would be a plus.

An aluminum trailer looks much nicer than a galvanized trailer.

Its disappointing to me to see so many used boats for sale in the mid-west with painted trailers. I know that if I bought one of these boats, the first think I would have to do is spend $4-5K for a decent aluminum trailer (with the price difference from galvanized, I would get aluminum).

Jim

I am not sure how long I will have this boat, and to be honest with kids college and other things, I don't have the resources right now to be outright buying a $5000 trailer. Hence some sort of trade would be the best.

I looked into doing a aluminum trailer for my 230, but yeah, they get expensive really quickly. You can get them starting at whatever, but then you're like "well I want led lights, and I should get better axles, and I want better brakes, I should get torsion bar suspension since im.soending this much..." next thing.you know you priced out a 6k plus trailer.

Is your concern just corrosion from salt water? I always heard you can keep it mostly at bay woth regular cleanings and protection with salt away or similar. Maybe not forever, but if you're only.gonna be in it a year or two...

Also, not sure why someone would trade out of galvanized other than them being ugly. There's nonreal.dowmside to them as I understand it.

@BlkGS Yes I was considering maybe doing Florida more often, but that is up in the air, just looking ahead. Recently came across someone trading a new 25' trailer for a painted trailer because that is what they wanted and they liked the look. People put wraps on their boats, new rims and other crap just so i looks better, but has nothing to do with functionality, so I would probably chalk it up to that. Have came across 4 so far, but not a 21'. Odd but who knows.

Not an urgency but I am always keeping an eye out.

Is your concern just corrosion from salt water? I always heard you can keep it mostly at bay woth regular cleanings and protection with salt away or similar. Maybe not forever, but if you're only.gonna be in it a year or two...

The biggest concern is that with the painted trailer, when you dunk it you will get salt water inside the boxed frame. Pretty easy to rinse the outside, but it will start rusting from the inside.

Jim

The biggest concern is that with the painted trailer, when you dunk it you will get salt water inside the boxed frame. Pretty easy to rinse the outside, but it will start rusting from the inside.

Jim
I ruined the trailer for our old Donzi by not knowing to rinse it after going in the intracoastal. It took less than a year and it was eaten up with rust.

Jim

I wonder if you could coating the inside of it with something. Por15 or cerakote or something maybe?

I bought a gallon of it and an applicator. My trailer has minim squeeks now compared to before. Did it before I went down to florida. Great Stuff.

Back