• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Looking for bimini fabric replacement for 2015 242 Limited S -- Yamaha is wayyyyy backordered

Laminar Flow

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Hey fellas --

Just like the title says, the fabric for the bimini on the new-to-me 2015 242 Limited S I just got is torn to shreds -- so I need just the fabric; the Yamaha OEM one is backordered until early August and it seems like everyone online just drop ships from there.

Anyone got a line on an aftermarket product that fits? I've googled my face off and tried to find old threads here to no avail.

Trying to avoid having to deal with a canvas shop locally, hoping to just find something off the shelf.

Thanks in advance.

Doug

Gym

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Hey fellas --

Just like the title says, the fabric for the bimini on the new-to-me 2015 242 Limited S I just got is torn to shreds -- so I need just the fabric; the Yamaha OEM one is backordered until early August and it seems like everyone online just drop ships from there.

Anyone got a line on an aftermarket product that fits? I've googled my face off and tried to find old threads here to no avail.

Trying to avoid having to deal with a canvas shop locally, hoping to just find something off the shelf.

Thanks in advance.

Doug
Don't have a bead on OEM fabric but I was just looking at mine. It's getting pretty warn. If I replace it it will be after this season. I will have a canvas shop use my old one as a template and have them use Sunbrella fabric.

ACRDSPORT14

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
PWC
I'm 99% sure this is it. I ordered this in 2014 for my cover to patch it, and it was an exact match.

I'm sorry, i'm not sure what the bimini top is made of. I thought you mean the oem cover.

captainhook

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
I have a 2008 but when I needed fabric I looked high and low for a really long time. A local canvas shop quoted me $1300 for a custom Sunbrella replacement canvas (...and $3500 for a custom Sunbrella mooring cover) so I wound up just ordering OEM. I know this doesn't solve your backorder problem but I could not find a reasonable replacement anywhere. I almost just replaced the entire thing with aftermarket it was so frustrating (also probably not an option for you with the tower).