• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Please read the Classified Ads Posting Rules before Posting something for Sale!

Boats MUST LIST A LOCATION (State)IN THE TITLE (Seems people can't read lately)-along with Make/Model/Year

Want To Buy Looking to buy Yamaha Boat $14k or less ASAP--Located NJ

Joestyp11

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
My family and I are looking to purchase a Yamaha, safe for two young kids, preferable anything greater that 21' for under $14k. I am looking to purchase asap. However, I need to make sure it's safe as I have a 2 month old son and 5 year old daughter. Thank you in advance.

Joestyp11

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
Much appreciated. How would you say the engines are on this 2011 210 SX or earlier? Do I have to worry about any mechanical problems?

marcham

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
It would be my guess that at that price point, you should expect to do some work. At the very least, expect to change trailer brakes and springs and service the bearings. Most likely many stainless fasteners (clamps, screws, nuts) will be corroded and need replacement. Steering and shift cables could probably use lubrication or replacement. Has it sat for a while? If so, fuel system will need a good cleaning. Redoing all the upholstery would probably cost somewhere around $3000-$4000. It's been my experience that it is usually cheaper in the long run to pay a little extra for a well kept well running boat than to take on a project.

If you don't consider yourself a mechanic, hire someone who knows Yamaha jet boats to compression check the engines and run them (better to loose $100 than $5000). Was there any wood in the hull in that model year? If so, I would check for rot.

Where are you intending to boat? What's safe in a lake in Tennessee may not be safe on open water in Oregon.

Last edited:

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Much appreciated. How would you say the engines are on this 2011 210 SX or earlier? Do I have to worry about any mechanical problems?
I had an ‘11 SX210. Great boat for your size family. I routinely had a few more people and once a year a lot more people. I ultimately decided that I needed more space and bigger engines. Your kids are a little small yet for many water sports besides a tube... so those engines are plenty. If you thought you may get into wake surfing which adds an extra 1000+ lbs ballast or so, that may be another reason for larger. We surfed some, and it was a good starter boat. But, once it was apparent that we loved boating, we upgraded.

As for safety, if you venture into bigger water, you may want to add trim tabs to help smooth out the ride a bit. But, we loved how the 210 rode over our previous 19’ I/O.