• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Looking to order a 2022 AR195 Have some questions on dealer fees. East Coast NJ

Flowing

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Other
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hi guys, long time lurker here. Finally ready to order but I see some fees that seems excessive. What did you guys end up paying.

Freight is $1650, Rigging/Prep $995

Thanks for any insight

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
In this market you are in the zone with the fees. Some actually pay a bit more and some slightly less. See if they will throw in anything, like a mooring cover, coast guard kit, etc.

mrcleanr6

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
275SD
Boat Length
I am here in nj. Those #’s arent excessive and prob about average for a 195. I didnt end up paying any of that on my boat but the profit margin is also way higher so the dealer could easily absorb that and not feel it on the 27. All the smaller boats people are pretty much paying the freight and prep. #’s will vary a little depending on how far your dealer is from tenn and current rates, etc. prep will vary a little depending on what your dealer is giving you. As hang said, thats just the market right now.

Last edited:

fatboyroy

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I paid MSRP plus $1500 freight/$900 alum trailer upgrade/$600 prep

PeterB

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I have heard pretty routinely freight/prep in the $2500-3200 range. Even before the Covid boat rush of 2020, discounts and/or extras on Yamaha’s have been minimal but now dealers have waiting lists of buyers looking for boats so $2645 seems reasonable - especially in NJ/NY area where services tend to run higher than some other areas
( that’s not a dig on NJ - I’m born and raised there and still have business interests and family there!)

Flowing

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Other
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks to all you guys. Just wanted to make sure it was normal thing. I placed a deposit. Let's hope the 2022 come out soon.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Flowing Earliest for 2022's will be likely August.

Flowing

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Other
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Flowing Earliest for 2022's will be likely August.
Ugggghhh sales guy was saying they're not taking the usual 2w off.... (Yamaha). Was hoping a bit earlier. Yeah there's no used boats either

WV Hillbilly

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
Hi guys, long time lurker here. Finally ready to order but I see some fees that seems excessive. What did you guys end up paying.

Thanks for any insight
Woodbridge VA dealer Holly Springs is taking 2022 deposits for 2021 pricing. I bought a 2021 with 2020 pricing, $900 prep which included a CG kit, anchors, lines, and bumpers and no freight. Speak with Shan, I don’t know what the current offers are past the 2021 pricing.

212s

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
:Welcome:
This is a sellers market right now so that sounds about right. We shopped around and bought last June and paid $1500 freight to Canada and $1000 prep but with a $1000 mooring cover in exchange. We also managed to get $4000 below list, plus $2000 Yamaha rebate on top. But that was at a time when everyone was unsure of the future due to the Covid crap so we did pretty good really. I think we matched or beat boat show prices. The only thing we didn't get was free extended warranty from Yamaha (I never buy extended warranties, but if it was tossed in for free I'd take it or exchange for further discount).