• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

lost cusion

Oscar0421

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hey fellas, trying to get recommendations on where to get a cushion. I was towing the boat and lost a cushion. I have 2016 sx190. Also, what are you guys securing the cushions with? I am thinking about snap fasteners. I am looking for part #10 on the picture below.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Can't see your image. I don't secure mine with anything but I also rarely tow without the shipping cover on. The times that I have towed without the cover I try not to exceed 65 mph and so far I've been lucky. Best bet is to tow with the cover on and it will also keep your gelcoat and windshield protected. In a perfect world this boat would have hinged cushions but that would require Yamaha to redesign the side bolsters to allow the seat to swing up and out without having to tilt like we do now.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
The source for me would depend on the cushion lost. If it’s not the center cushion that covers the step to and from the swim deck, check out yamahasportsplaza.com out of Seattle if it is the step cover cushion contact Will @JetBoatPilot .

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
That cushion is bolted down do it's unlikely the one that flew out. 19' boats don't have a step thru with removable cushion like the larger boats do unless you have the JBP engine hatch cushion kit, which I don't think is available any longer.

njmr2fan

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I secure my rear side cushions by using one of my dock lines through each rear inside grab handle and I just close them in the engine hatch. Ive never had them lift, but I did it because of stories like this.

Oscar0421

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
It’s the cushion behind the passenger seat. The cheapest I have found it online is $353. I’m going to check with dealership that I bought the boat to see if they get a discount.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
$353 sounds like a good deal and a relatively inexpensive lesson. I tow with a cover on to avoid being in the same situation not just where the cushions are concerned but the snap in carpet as well. Yahama doesn’t sell the carpet peices separately, you have to buy the whole kit and chances are it will cost a lot more than $353.

This may sound like a stupid suggestion but if haven’t already consider looking hard for the cushion along the route you took when you lost it. It’s a long shot but you may find it. I did when the rear part of one of my pwc seats fell off on the way home from camping a few years back. Luckily I was only 40 miles from home (getting gas) when I last saw the cushion. I had to drive slow (the speed limit of 55 mph) on the freeway but I found it after two bad stops, beat up but repairable. In my situation Seadoo stopped making this part about 15 years earlier and the cheapest I could find it used was $600.

If you find yours jet boat pilot may carry the stock material to repair it. Alternatively places like Joanne’s fabrics sell marine grade vinyl cheap. You may also need to repair or replace the bottom of the cushion with starboard or plywood.

Good luck in getting this addressed.

Oscar0421

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I found it but it was destroyed. Looks like
it was ran over multiple times.

DBamaC

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
I hate you lost it, but how fast were you going? Those things are heavy! I've towed above 70 without a cover a few times and it never occurred ro me that one of those might lift. :nailbiting:

Oscar0421

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I received my cushion yesterday. I ordered it from partzilla. It was $358 shipped.