• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Love the ups man !

aarons1k

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Fit like a glove ! Defiantly a little tight but I'm sure it will loosen up a tad .image.jpg

aarons1k

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Rain day today so figures I would install the aux input . I ordered a 10' rca extension so I could mount it where I wanted . image.jpg image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Last edited:

skrip345

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
do you have a link to the aux input extender? That looks like something I might just need...

jlcj7

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
i need to do this... I hooked mine up but never mounted it. it just hangs under my dash out the back of the stereo. I know... i am lazy... What size drill bit did you use?

aarons1k

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
i need to do this... I hooked mine up but never mounted it. it just hangs under my dash out the back of the stereo. I know... i am lazy... What size drill bit did you use?
Lol , I did the same thing ! I went to install and found out the rca's on yami aux were not long enough so I ordered that 12' cable . ( I guess u could drill through the side of the boat to get into the shifter cavity .... But I don't like doing that and the cable was $6) I used a greenlee hole saw 1/2 . Worked perfect used some painters tape just to be safe .... Took 10 min . I used a fish stick to fish the rca wires through the hull.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I installed a splitter coming out of the rca jacks on the head unit. It allowed me to maintain a 3.5 mm jack on my side of the boat and add a blue tooth device to the other side of the boat. I have the wetsounds Bluetooth device so the users can not only stream music wirelessly from their phones but can adjust the volume as well as select the songs they want to hear. All this to say if you want more than one aux input you should consider adding a splitter. $5 to $7 at radio shack.

Last edited:

soundshark

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Oh man! I want THAT BARN.
What a great place to store a boat....

Addicted

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I installed a splitter coming out of the rca jacks on the head unit. It allowed me to maintain a 3.5 mm jack on my side of the boat and add a blue tooth device to the other side of the boat. I have the wetsounds Bluetooth device so the users can not only stream music wirelessly from their phones but can adjust the volume as well as select the songs they want to hear. All this to say if you want more than one aux input you should consider adding a splitter. $5 to $7 at radio shack.
How good is the sound quality coming from the Bluetooth? Do you have an upgraded system in your boat, or is it stock? Do you get the same depth and detail from the Bluetooth source? I have heard some units that sound like the music is coming from a tin can, when compared to using the 3.5mm jack. I like your setup. I saw pictures of it in another thread, and it looks clean.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@Addicted , i need to adjust the hu volume, blue tooth volume and possibly the phone volume to get the sound of the blue tooth "right". Still I think it sounds better through the cable. If the wireless, separate volume and ffwd/rev controls are less important than the overall sound quality I recommend that you stick with the cable, split it if necessary.

Addicted

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@Addicted , i need to adjust the hu volume, blue tooth volume and possibly the phone volume to get the sound of the blue tooth "right". Still I think it sounds better through the cable. If the wireless, separate volume and ffwd/rev controls are less important than the overall sound quality I recommend that you stick with the cable, split it if necessary.
Thanks for the honest opinion. The convenience of Bluetooth is great to have, but I do get picky about sound quality.

soundshark

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Thanks for the honest opinion. The convenience of Bluetooth is great to have, but I do get picky about sound quality.
Since you care about audio quality (I'm in the same boat), let me also point out that using the headphone jack on the iPhone is not a true line level output, so you are not getting its full potential. There is some EQ tweaking and boosting going on to work better with headphones. But it's not a line-out.
To get a true line out, you need to grab it from the accessory port. With the older 30-pin sockets it was easy and you could buy cables that had an audio jack carrying true line out. With the new lightning port, you need a DAC. You can find some on Amazon, or use an original Apple iphone dock - they have a built in DAC with an audio port in the back.

Addicted

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
That is great info, but I am an Android guy. However, I use my phone for music streaming more than anything else, so I have considered switching over to the dark side just for sound quality. I use the headphone jack on my android and it is not as clear as when I use my wife's I Phone in the same way. Using the accessory port as you mentioned would be even better. I am really not pleased with the signal you get from Android, using the headphone jack. The reason for my original question was to see if there was any chance that using the Wet Sounds Bluetooth would give me some improvement. I have done a little research to see if you can get a hotter line out signal from the charging port of the Android, and found nothing.

Sorry to the OP for the hijack, it wasn't my intention ;).

Top Bottom