• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Low port oil warning

Franchise

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Hey everybody, I just turned my boat on for the first time this summer. I heard a beep followed by a warning that read low port oil. I tried the other engine and it repeated. I waited about five minutes and tried again and the warning went away. With this be happening because it was the first time I turned on the boat after my winterization?

Luc Lafreniere

Jetboaters Captain
Staff member
Scarab Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
165 G
Boat Length
Most likely. Check the dip stick and ensure it's in between the two marks for both engines. You should check the oil after running the engine 30 sec (no more out of water).

When nothing has been running a long time, pipes and systems need to fill up before everything is "normal".

Seadeals

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I always keep a jug of extra oil on the boat to keep the level well adjusted. If yo check once it’s running per above you should be okay without more; but it might be an indication that engine could benefit from a little more oil.