• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Low RPMs

Corey lang

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
Hey all. So I just recently rebuilt the carbs On the one motor in my ls2000. But now I’m having issues with it running. While the one motor is running at about 5000rpms the other one it’s only running between 2500-3000rpms and if I try to push it over the engine stalls. Also when I put the throttle down to idle it stalls as well. What could be the issue here??

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hi, Corey. Welcome to the site. Sorry no reply to your question up until now. And then only from me...

I don't have an LS, so I can't speak to your carbs directly. But I have rebuilt several in my time, so I might be able to help.

So, let's start here: have you rebuilt a carb before? Did you use kits or just order certain parts? Or did you just clean up what was there?

When you pulled them apart, what was their condition?

I suspect that you had an issue on the rebuild and that the stall when giving it gas is because of an issue with the acceleration pump system. I suspect the problem on idle is either the idle set too low or an issue with the rebuild of the drip system.

Of course, that is my highly professional (not) opinion after eons of study of 2 lines of a post on the site... Guess you get what you pay for... :)