• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Low Voltage - Check Engine Alarm

rost5501

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I wanted to thank everyone on this forum for the troubleshooting advice and wanted to share my experience. I have 2013 242 LS that had a low voltage alarm come up, caused from a bad battery. After I replaced both batteries a check engine alarm came up. The engine diagnostics (from the tachometers) said normal. So I was not sure what the problem was. After reading several posts from the forum I disconnect the batteries again for 10 minutes, then reconnected and started/stopped the motors a few times. Let engines run for a minute or two each time and turned off battery switches between starts for a minute each stop. After a few starts (2 on one engine, 5 on the other) the check engine alarms cleared. Hope this can help somebody else. Have a great day.

GoodCubanito

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I wanted to thank everyone on this forum for the troubleshooting advice and wanted to share my experience. I have 2013 242 LS that had a low voltage alarm come up, caused from a bad battery. After I replaced both batteries a check engine alarm came up. The engine diagnostics (from the tachometers) said normal. So I was not sure what the problem was. After reading several posts from the forum I disconnect the batteries again for 10 minutes, then reconnected and started/stopped the motors a few times. Let engines run for a minute or two each time and turned off battery switches between starts for a minute each stop. After a few starts (2 on one engine, 5 on the other) the check engine alarms cleared. Hope this can help somebody else. Have a great day.
Thank you ... I will try that next.

InmyElement

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Thank you..trying to clear it now no codes but still alarm going off.