• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

MA200 female wire harness for speakers

platinum00

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Adding a amp to a MA200 deck. Was wondering if anyone makes a female connector for the speaker plug before I cut the end off.

Attached is a picture of the plug.

Attachments

Crob83

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
What are you using the amp for, Cabin speakers, towers, or sub? Or all of the above...lol

platinum00

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Using amp for cabin.

Low level rca out of the ma200 deck to amp. Amp to stock speaker wiring.

I can run new wiring but only doing about 60rms so the stock wiring is fine at 4ohm.

Looking for connector for the stock speaker harness so I don't need to tap or cut it incase I want to go back to stock.

Crob83

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Using amp for cabin.

Low level rca out of the ma200 deck to amp. Amp to stock speaker wiring.

I can run new wiring but only doing about 60rms so the stock wiring is fine at 4ohm.

Looking for connector for the stock speaker harness so I don't need to tap or cut it incase I want to go back to stock.
Sorry can't help you there, I want to know the same thing honestly. Would love to put an amp on the cabin speakers myself. I already have an amp on my towers

212s

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Adding a amp to a MA200 deck. Was wondering if anyone makes a female connector for the speaker plug before I cut the end off.
Looks like a fairly standard Molex style connector? Try an electronics shop.

PS - if the stock wiring is 14awg you can run about 200w through it without issue.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Looks like a fairly standard Molex style connector? Try an electronics shop.

PS - if the stock wiring is 14awg you can run about 200w through it without issue.
Agreed.

Digikey.com will have the mating connector, crimp on ends, and all that jazz. Although I have ZERO idea what that connector is, or how to find it on that website. I watched electrical engineers buy from them for years, and create harnesses just like this. I know it's possible, I just don't have the proper education to guide you to the solution.

platinum00

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
I found one that will be delivered tomorrow. I will let you know if it works and post info if so.

platinum00

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
It works.

You want a Scosche VM01BCB adapter. It was $5 on amazon.
Amazon.com: Scosche VW01BCB Compatible with Select 1986-04 Volkswagen/Audi Euro vehicles Power/Speaker Connector / Wire Harness for Aftermarket Stereo Installation with Color Coded Wires and Pre-installed Wire Connectors : Electronics

Also if you happen to have a MA200 head unit that does not have the remote wire for your amp. Some, like mine, only have power and ground, get the Scosche ST01RB kit. It has the plug that will add the remote wire. That one was $4 on amazon.
Amazon.com: Scosche ST01RB Compatible with 2008-14 Smart Car Power/Speaker Connector/Wire Harness for Re-Installing The Factory Stereo with Color Coded Wires : Everything Else

So for under 10, no cutting or splicing wires.

KCAR250

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
How are you connecting the wires to the amp?

platinum00

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Stock wiring unplugs from the back of the head unit. Plug that into the connector, then just run wires from your amp to the wires on the connector

Crob83

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
The remote wire connection for the factory plug is top row second to the right, just fyi for anybody that needs to know that. I just ran my amp remote wire and plugged into that slot and it works. The connector you found is definitely the way to go to power the cabin speakers though. Thank you for the info

212s

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
It works.

You want a Scosche VM01BCB adapter. It was $5 on amazon.
Amazon.com: Scosche VW01BCB Compatible with Select 1986-04 Volkswagen/Audi Euro vehicles Power/Speaker Connector / Wire Harness for Aftermarket Stereo Installation with Color Coded Wires and Pre-installed Wire Connectors : Electronics

Also if you happen to have a MA200 head unit that does not have the remote wire for your amp. Some, like mine, only have power and ground, get the Scosche ST01RB kit. It has the plug that will add the remote wire. That one was $4 on amazon.
Amazon.com: Scosche ST01RB Compatible with 2008-14 Smart Car Power/Speaker Connector/Wire Harness for Re-Installing The Factory Stereo with Color Coded Wires : Everything Else

So for under 10, no cutting or splicing wires.
Good info for others, thanks for finding and posting!

Note that the stock wiring in some of the larger boats with 6+ speakers are in series which sucks. Mine was like that so I ran all new wiring to all of my speakers when I added an amp.

platinum00

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
I checked that after reading some posts but mine were not. 4 individual runs 👍.