• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Maiden voyage buckeye lake ohio

lddv1224

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg It was a little chilly on the water today, but we had to get her out on the water. We all had a great time, hopefully we can at least get her out at least two more times before the end of the season. Had the lake pretty much to ourselves today!!

glad to have you on board, congratulations on the new boat, the chilly weather is probably a blessing, less pressure at the boat ramp and in close quarters while you get the feel for it.

Looks like you had a great time! Enjoy that boat!

Congrats on the boat, and welcome. Looks like you've got a co-captain in training there :winkingthumbsup".

Got family up there. Id like to hear about that too.

Where's the swimming pictures? ;)

@mark_m I just read the article about an hour ago. Doesn't look good. I imagine Alum Creek will be crazy on the weekends this summer if they aren't able to fill buckeye lake.

@jcyamaharider it was to cold that day and buckeye lake was having an algae warning this past summer so that wasn't an option.

@mark_m my off days are Monday and Tuesday so I'm hoping it won't be to bad at alum creek during the week. Also plan on making a few trips to Indian lake, salt fork lake and also going to cave run for a week in June. Where do you usually go?

@mark_m I just read the article about an hour ago. Doesn't look good. I imagine Alum Creek will be crazy on the weekends this summer if they aren't able to fill buckeye lake.

Agreed, with GLSM and the algae we may be looking for other alternatives like indian lake, delaware lake, etc.

I hope for the regional economics, propery equity, etc that they don't address the problems if it's truly unsafe.

@mark_m my off days are Monday and Tuesday so I'm hoping it won't be to bad at alum creek during the week. Also plan on making a few trips to Indian lake, salt fork lake and also going to cave run for a week in June. Where do you usually go?
We hit alum, live very very close. We are taking a vacation to salt fork this summer and doing the cabin thing. Cave run is fantastic, we will probably hit that again this year. Lastly, my in laws are in Portsmouth, OH so the river is an option... But with the drive.

During the week you will be fine on alum creek. May also check out delaware lake too. Sounds like you may be nearer, I just did a search on buckeye lake and assumed it was your home waters. Other bummer is my wife's old boss has a second house on Buckeye lake, I hope it's not as bad as it reads in the paper...

Not looking good at all from that Article :( I enjoy Buckeye Lake, but not so much with the kids. I was looking forward to a few trips there this summer. And they put on a great fireworks show on the 4th. Ugh!

Looks good for jet boats, if any boat. My uncle lives in Columbus and was joking with me saying that he should sell his Bayliner and get a Yamaha so he can use it haha. I told him to do himself a favor and go ahead and upgrade. Shallow lake or not. Love the Yami

Interesting! I would have died laughing if docks soon looked into more cornfields.

I realize boating is different in different areas and many of us deal with shallow water for our lakes and waterways, but having read that article I can't figure this one out. What is is like boating on a lake that size that is 3-6 feet deep? I suppose I am spoiled living in KY where the lakes are really deep, my home lake is close to 200 feet in places, but man that seems shallow. It must not fluctuate much or it would be hard to keep from running aground.

I realize boating is different in different areas and many of us deal with shallow water for our lakes and waterways, but having read that article I can't figure this one out. What is is like boating on a lake that size that is 3-6 feet deep? I suppose I am spoiled living in KY where the lakes are really deep, my home lake is close to 200 feet in places, but man that seems shallow. It must not fluctuate much or it would be hard to keep from running aground.
It's just one of those things... you play with what your dealt. My family and I just enjoy being on the water, and unfortunately we don't have a lot of choice in Ohio, unless you enjoy the river or Erie. Our Lake is close to 13,000 acres and is 8' at its deepest point, but mostly between the 2.5' and 6' range for most of the summer. You pose a good question, and you are very fortunate to be in Kentucky when it comes to boating. So, having a jet boat, I have not noticed any difference beyond the fact that you know it is not as deep as others. If I had a prop, I would be screaming something different. My dad and uncle spun a bunch of props growing up on this lake, LOTS of stumps back in the day.
That being said, I have not tried to surf in 4-5' of water, I don't know how that will work!

Back