• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Maiden Voyage

Brad_Ct

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I finally got the boat in the water this past Sunday for it's shake down. All I can say is WOW this thing flies.

I bought the boat last August with a seized port engine from having water in the cylinders, I bought a used one off Ebay and installed it late last fall. Since then I rebuilt the carbs., fuel pumps, installed a fuel/air separator, and some other misc. stuff. I need to do some fine tuning on the carbs. and find were it is taking on water but so far I am very impressed.

I finally got the boat in the water this past Sunday for it's shake down. All I can say is WOW this thing flies.

I bought the boat last August with a seized port engine from having water in the cylinders, I bought a used one off Ebay and installed it late last fall. Since then I rebuilt the carbs., fuel pumps, installed a fuel/air separator, and some other misc. stuff. I need to do some fine tuning on the carbs. and find were it is taking on water but so far I am very impressed.
After all that work you deserved some fun @brad. One way to check for leaks is, while on the trailer, crank up the trailer jack so the boat is sitting bow high. Put 7 or 8 gallons of water in the bilge with a hose. You should be able to observe most leaks while standing behind the boat. My guess is the scupper is leaking.

Thanks, I tried putting water in the bilge and could not find anything, I also had my better half block off the scupper and then put water in the deck drain. I figured if it was the line between the drain and the scupper I would get water out off the bilge plug but again nothing. I am thinking I either have a hose loose somewhere under the clean out tray or leaking intermediate shaft seals.

photo 2.JPG I took you advice and filled the bilge with water again and low and behold water started coming out the deck drain thru hull fitting (no scupper on exciters). I had to take the clean out tray and starboard waterbox to get to the were the hose goes onto the fitting and it appears that is were it was leaking. It looks like when it was put together sealer was not used were the hose goes onto the fitting and the clamps were over tighten and it elongated the fitting. So I took it apart straightened the fitting and reinstalled it with sealer.

Trying to locate a stainless or at least metal fitting now.

Congrats on a great first outing. Glad to hear that you got it running good.

Back