• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Maintenance Alert

Jet Boat Okie

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Hey Fellas, I have four little girls 11-13yrs at the lake for a couple of days.

We hit the water for an evening tube and right when I was loading the boat my screen gave me an alert “starboard engine maintenance due”

I have the manual, but of course it’s at home… also I don’t see a Yamaha mechanic anywhere close to me, so will make some calls in the morning.

Can someone look this up and let me know what triggers it? Would be helpful to know if this is something I can still spend tomorrow on the lake, or if I need to cancel the day on the lake and just head back home and take her in.

Attachments

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I would guess it's just a reminder especially if the computer doesn't go into limp mode

When was the last time oil was changed? How many hours since?

Jet Boat Okie

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
“Maintenance due” made me think that maybe the tech didn’t reset the an oil change reminder or something. I had the annual service this winter at a Yamaha shop. I’ve maybe put 15’ish hours on it since then. That said would suck to take her out tomorrow and damage something after a fair warning… I’m hoping someone can interpret this for me.

This is my first alert, what’s limp mode?

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I would call the dealer in the morning,

Limp mode is when the computer senses an issue and limits your rpms

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
You should be able to download a manual

TimW451

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Check “Wellness” in Settings for hrs since last maintenance. If both engines aren’t the same, it may be that Starboard wasn’t reset as you suspect. The manual isn’t clear on what triggers the alert, which is interesting as there are several different intervals, both engine hours or time, between maintenance. I think you are safe to continue on, as it isn’t a major alert the manual identifies as requiring action before resuming operation, like check engine, low oil pressure, or overheat.
Link to your manual: https://library.ymcapps.net/library/om/contents/pdf/52/F4A-F8199-14_02.pdf#page48

Jet Boat Okie

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Thanks Tim!

In the wellness tab, the starboard just crossed 100 hours since last maintenance. I think the tech just didn’t reset it this winter.

Attachments