• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Making Tower Foldable?

Eric Popper

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I would like to find a way to make my 2007 AR230HO tower foldable. The lake that we frequent has a bridge that we cannot get under.

I read something, a long time ago, on a different website about someone who had a modification done for this, and I can't find it.

Has anyone had this done or know what's involved?

Thanks,

Eric

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I believe I remember reading if you fold our stock tower it only gains you a few inches in clearance because of the way the legs are,

I don't remember any posts about modding the tower to make it less in height when folded,

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
how much height do you need to lose to make it under the bridge?

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Eric Popper

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Scott,

Thanks.

That looks complex and I was hoping that there was an easier solution or one that has been done many times and easy to have a shop repeat.

I need to lose about 12-24 inches. (on the tower height)

Eric

Eric Popper

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
And looking more closely, that is not the kind of tower on my boat (2011 vs. 2007). That's why I couldn't understand the pics!

E