• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Mastercraft Sub move..

cane.mba

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Pretty impressive, but the video cuts off before we see if he can power the water out..

This is who you DON'T want to purchase a boat from

@cane.mba nice video.

@HidnNOS That's what I was thinking. The water was up to the dash!

That's awesome. That guy's a true submariner, but I agree, I wouldn't buy that boat either.

That never gets old to watch, but there is no way in Haiti that I would do that with my boat.

Okay, how does one perform such a maneuver? More than anything, to make sure I never do it in the future!

Okay, how does one perform such a maneuver? More than anything, to make sure I never do it in the future!
Slamming the throttles into deep reverse while running at high speed will result in a sub move of varying degrees. It depends on how fast you are going, how fast you move from forward thrust to reverse thrust, and how deep into reverse you go. You can use this maneuver to stop quickly...but too quick and it buries the bow below the waterlevel! I am not sure how you do this in an inboard boat or I/O without damaging the transmission, which we don't have in our boats.

Well now, that's one way to cool off, but I prefer one toe at a time off the swim platform.

That water looks nasty too.....:confused:

That boat looks really flooded , sub manoeuvre-1 transmission-0 :dead:

Some guys did that in our local lake a few years ago in a brand new one, except they were using bricks for extra ballast. The sub never surfaced. And it was in a 300' deep area. Cam.

We do it at least once a year. As others mentioned speed and aggressiveness with reverse have a bearing but the weight up front makes the biggest difference. We've had a foot of water or more in the boat and one time picked fish. We had minnows and a couple of bigger fish in the boat.

For those of you concerned about damage to the boat I can tell you that all compartments are dry....maybe a little water in ski locker, helm is pretty dry, etc and water drains off of the deck directly out of the boat. Some makes its way to the engine compartment and bildge but not much.

Mechanically there is no different stress in the engine than taking off from the hole. It's a pump, it pumps water. The reverse gate redirects the water.

Also nobody would tell you the did it and you would never know as there isn't any sign or damage.

I agree with @scokill I do it a few times a year to unsuspecting passengers in the bow seating. Especially if some newbie says something like "its getting hot can we go faster to cool off?". :D

I'm never too extreme with it, just enough to give the people up front a good shower.. :happy:

Being my boats amps are secured on the wall by the table mount, I wouldn't want water getting in the boat like that. Brutal

Also nobody would tell you the did it and you would never know as there isn't any sign or damage.
Until they read this here forum. :peeking:

I agree with @scokill I do it a few times a year to unsuspecting passengers in the bow seating. Especially if some newbie says something like "its getting hot can we go faster to cool off?". :D

I'm never too extreme with it, just enough to give the people up front a good shower.. :happy:

I've never done that in my entire life. ;)

Has anyone attempted this is in a 240 style boat? I half attempted it once but the bow was no where close to going under water. I dont really care to try again... I work hard scrubbing the inside. Dont need to flood it with water...

Put a couple people/weight on the bow and it'll happen with ease ;-)

In the 240 it's much more difficult to do...

Back