• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

MFI TRAILER BRAKES

06CCDMAX

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
MFI trailer brake parts are dirt cheap right now on ROCKAUTO.COM just ordered new pads and one new caliper for $56 including shipping. all the brake pads for a 2000 Kia Sephia as well as the calipers are on warehouse closeout, my brake pads were $1.70. If your needing to do brake work on your trailer now is the time!

Seadeals

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Thanks! I’ll take a look.

Billtex2000

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
MFI trailer brake parts are dirt cheap right now on ROCKAUTO.COM just ordered new pads and one new caliper for $56 including shipping. all the brake pads for a 2000 Kia Sephia as well as the calipers are on warehouse closeout, my brake pads were $1.70. If your needing to do brake work on your trailer now is the time!
Can you help out with the part numbers?

06CCDMAX

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length

2000 KIA SEPHIA 1.8L L4
AUTO 7​
1220022 (1220022:p)Caliper
Wholesaler Closeout - Private Label Pkg. - 30 Day Warranty
$ 31.79​
$ 0.00​
1​
$ 31.79​
QUALITEE​
MF649Brake Pad
Wholesaler Closeout -- 30 Day Warranty
$ 1.71​
$ 0.00​
1​
$ 1.71​
Shipping​
Ground
$ 8.99​
Tax​
$ 3.27​
Order Total
$ 45.76
Visa​
-$ 45.76
Balance Due
$ 0.00
[TD] [/TD]
[TD]Part Number[/TD]
[TD]Part Type[/TD]
[TD]Price EA[/TD]
[TD]Core EA[/TD]
[TD]Quantity[/TD]
[TD]Total[/TD]​
i would not take this as gospel but from everything i have read and researched these look in appearance to be the correct ones.

Parts CatalogHelp PagesOrder Status & Returns
Parts
Catalog
Help
Pages

Wisefam22

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Would the whole caliper from a 2000 Kia sephia 1.8 l4 fit? My wife tried to be nice and reduce work load for me by having trailer serviced. Guy said it would be a week before he would have part.

Wisefam22

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Apparently someone replaced one of the bolts and it isnt stock so he wont touch it

dan144k

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
what year MFI trailer do these kia brakes fit?
I have a 2010 AR240. and thinking of inspecting and replacing the brakes. and trailer parts.

JetBoatPenguin

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
what year MFI trailer do these kia brakes fit?
I have a 2010 AR240. and thinking of inspecting and replacing the brakes. and trailer parts.
Did you ever get to a conclusion about the Kia brake set? As soon as the boat is splashed for the season and into the slip the trailer gets a refresh...

dan144k

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
No I have never done anything with my trailer brakes. They still work. Never found out about the kia parts

06CCDMAX

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
I know my boat is a 2009 212 SS so I am assuming the trailer is the same.

06CCDMAX

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
I know rockauto was having a closeout on those parts I ordered last year about a month back and you could rebuild your brakes completely for less than a Benjamin for both sides!

Hike

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I need to change Brakes/Rotors on my 2008 MFI trailer. I understand we can use 1997-2000 Kia Sephia parts but how about the rotors? I'm thinking these have to be a UFP part: Trailer Buddy Model DB-35 Disc Brake Hub/Rotor 9 3/4" ?

Last edited:

jmargo

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Same. Looking for a spare hub for my 2010 MFI. Says model # is YMB240. Probably best to carry a rotor hub as worst case.

jmargo

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Are there any issues with the Kia calipers attaching to the brake line ? You just separate it from the banjo block and screw it in directly ?

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
The brake pads for the kia work fine. Neighbor just did it on his MFI today. Have to cut the "squealer" if it comes with it. He had to use semi metallic, it'll get him through the season and he can order the organic ones. I just replaced the whole braking system a little over a year ago, so I'm surprised the pads were toast. Checked the master cylinder and it functioned as it should. Figured worst case he could ride out those pads this season and we'll take it all apart in the fall and see what's up.

Cynthia

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

So the kia caliper worked and fit ok? I'm about to order and want to be sure. I have an '03 trailer.

Great info by the way, thanks.