• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

MFI Trailer Calibers Upside Down

Captbob

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I had to bleed the brakes due to a new backup solenoid I had to install.. I could not get all the air out so I took the trailer to an expert who showed me that one set of calibers were put on upside down at the factory. The bleeder valves were on the bottom causing air to be trapped in the line. He said all bleeder valves should be on the top. Air travels up in a liquid. He simply switched the right side to the left and the left to the right. Air easily removed and problem solved. He guesses that as the trailer came down the assembly line upside down and then were in stalled as if it was right side up. The dealer installed, at sale, a second set of brakes due to our state law and they were right side up. Their mechanic must have seen no reason to mention it. Can you imagine!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yep, Your gonna make me go home and look at mine now.

Might not make any difference until or unless you have to change something like the master cylinder or backup solenoid where you get air in the line that far forward.

Back