• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

MFI trailer. Need to replace spring hardware.

MOA_Chaser

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I have a galvanized MFI trailer. I knew my spring hardware was rusty, today I found a spring hanger that had snapped. I'd like to replace it all at the end of the season.

I'd like to replace what I can with stainless; galvanized if I have to.

Can I use stainless for any of these parts? Has anyone refurbished their trailer suspension, and did you go through MFI or are these parts pretty much standard?

I believe that the hangers and bolts should be generic.

I spent some time looking for a stainless leaf spring, but had no luck. I launch in salt/brackish water and knew that it would only be a matter of time before it failed. So to make myself feel better I have been spraying CRC marine corrosion inhibitor on the leafs every so often (http://www.amazon.com/CRC-06026-Hea...TF8&qid=1407030525&sr=8-1&keywords=crc+marine).

Galvanized steel is really just a coating, so when the metal flexes it would laminate, losing its protective coating.

@MOA_Chaser, how did this work out? Did you do the labor yourself? How difficult was it to get the springs to fit?

Back