• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Miami to Cuba

KCAR250

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Just saw on the news that boaters in Florida are grabbing supplies and going to Cuba 🇨🇺 in support of FREEDOM! Any jet boaters going? I didn’t make to trip to Bimini this year and thought Cuba might be a nice holiday! I think it’s only 30 miles further and you don’t have to go through customs…not sure if there will be any fuel there though.

Babin Farms

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Only 30 miles further than Bimini….. quite a few boats ran out of fuel getting to Bimini, let alone another 30 miles

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I dunno, with my luck someone would take my boat or worse

sunbyrned

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I just got back from the Keys. Rented a center console and the chop and swells were crazy. (To me at least. Never did the Bimini trip.) Can’t imagine doing that on my 242. Coast Guard was warning the parade of boaters to Cuba of the conditions. Check this ship out that was down there. It is a ship that carries supplies and crew to aircraft carriers, subs, etc. The locals say it’s never been there before and it just arrived. Wondering if it’s in relation to the Cuba thing.

Attachments

Last edited:

KCAR250

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I just got back from the Keys. Rented a center console and the chop and swells were crazy. (To me at least. Never did the Bimini trip.) Can’t imagine doing that on my 242. Coast Guard was warning the parade of boaters to Cuba of the conditions. Check this ship out that was down there. It is a ship that carries supplies and crew to aircraft carriers, subs, etc. The locals say it’s never been there before and it just arrived. Wondering if it’s in relation to the Cuba thing.
I wonder if that’s where they plan to put people trying to flee Cuba. That’s crazy!

KCAR250

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Looks like they’re actually doing it.

JOAN ROJAS

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Fellow Cuban here, I have friend with bigger boats that are thinking of going. Firts of all, it is illegal to be within 12 miles of the Cuban coast, if you get close the Cuban Navy will open fire without a doubt. The Coast Guard has already said DONT GO. I have advised my friends not to go there. I was born in Cuba and still have lots of family over there, this is really painful bcus most Cubans outside of Cuba really cant do much. Additionally, that is a long trip, is around 97 nautical miles from key west to Habana, it would have to be at least a 28ft to be able to travel, and weather has been crazy bad down here. Dont risk it. Please Pray for our Cuban people, they are getting murdered over there for just wanting freedom. #soscuba

KCAR250

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Fellow Cuban here, I have friend with bigger boats that are thinking of going. Firts of all, it is illegal to be within 12 miles of the Cuban coast, if you get close the Cuban Navy will open fire without a doubt. The Coast Guard has already said DONT GO. I have advised my friends not to go there. I was born in Cuba and still have lots of family over there, this is really painful bcus most Cubans outside of Cuba really cant do much. Additionally, that is a long trip, is around 97 nautical miles from key west to Habana, it would have to be at least a 28ft to be able to travel, and weather has been crazy bad down here. Dont risk it. Please Pray for our Cuban people, they are getting murdered over there for just wanting freedom. #soscuba
In no way would I encourage people to make the trip. I was making a joke about actually making the trip but also wanted to bring some awareness to the situation since some media outlets aren’t talking about it. I hope they are successful in getting their freedom but it’s a very long shot. That should be a reminder for some, of the price people are willing to pay for their freedom. Hope your family and friends are alright!

FTBS311

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
I was in the US Navy, we often visited Key West for supplies to take to Gitmo, maybe the Navy is taking some supplies there. The Sea is no joke at times either.