• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Michigan Metro Boat Show

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Next week/weekend Sept. 16-19 There is a Boat Show at the Metro Park on Lake St. Clair. All outdoors. A lot of Brands as well as of Yamaha's will be there. Boats will be on trailers as well as in the water at docks. This is located in South Eastern Lower Michigan.

We plan on attending on Saturday and really are looking forward to it. From what I understand from the Yamaha dealers around here, most 2022 Yamahas will be on display.

Metro Boat Show – Boat Michigan

Some dealers will be offering test rides in their boats, unsure which though.

Last edited:
The boat shows are back? Great news. I will be interested in how many of the "show boats" have sold signs on them...guessing almost all....

The boat shows are back? Great news. I will be interested in how many of the "show boats" have sold signs on them...guessing almost all....

If the dealer are taking boats that are sold to the boat show for people to climb all over that's just wrong.

If the dealer are taking boats that are sold to the boat show for people to climb all over that's just wrong.

they did it last year

I'm jealous!

First indoor boat show in this neck of the woods would be the Baltimore Boat Show in January!

Jim

This is an outdoor one, right on Lake St. Clair. In the Marina with boats in the water.

No Sea-Doo?

Doesn't look like it. The one dealer I spoke too said they were going to be there but they are not on the list. Odd, because they are about 3 miles away from the metro park and marina there.

Sometimes they get changes that are not incorporated into these floorplans, happens all the time since I go to a lot of shows and see differences for the outdoor industry.

Looks like a good time and weather (so far) looks promising.

Went to the show today. A lot of nice boats. Saw the one HeyDay they had there and took a bunch of pictures of it and can post them if anyone wants to see it.

Only saw a 19' FSH and 21' FSH on display and for those still looking for one the 2022 210 FSH is still available from Wonderland Marine West, at least it was when I saw it and spoke with them.

Another Yamaha Dealer said they would be dry on the Yamaha's coming in for the next 4-6 months and have started taking advantage of the sliding prices of the used Yamaha's and buying them used so they have inventory next spring when the prices probably go back up.

Very nice Robolo's and Regals as well.

A ton of Pontoon boats for sale as well as boats 30'+

No Vortex as has been mentioned and No Sea Doo. I found out that the Dealer pulled out this last week of the show since they have nothing to really show.

I must have walked all around a dozen center console's and they were all very nice.

I love the Robalo's. :)

For the price, I think their 200 and 220 series center and dual consoles are some of the best smaller boats to run along the coast.

Jim

I love the Robalo's. :)

For the price, I think their 200 and 220 series center and dual consoles are some of the best smaller boats to run along the coast.

Jim

Agree they looked fantastic and TBH the finish on them compared to our boat was night and day. They were running some good discounts on them. Actually there were a lot of discounts running on a lot of Center Console's. A Couple of the Robolo's could be in our budget someday.

I didn't take a picture of this one but I really liked it and it had a show price of $82,000.

2022 Robalo 242 Explorer - Overview

I guess I fumbled my phone cause I don't see a lot of the pictures of the other ones I looked at. Very nice boats.

20210918_113200.jpg

While I love the Robablo's, I think sales pricing can be a bit deceptive.

I believe that most folks order their boat directly and take delivery from their local dealer. If you build a boat on the website it will give a total price for the boat including prep (I don't think it includes shipping). They will also show a MSRP that is like 25% higher than your build price. Thus, when at a boat show (or even in a dealership) you need to know both prices to really understand if the dealer is giving you a bargain, or not.

At least Robablo is upfront with the pricing, much like Yamaha. Many of the other CC's I looked at on-line you have to request a quote.

Jim

Wow, that's a great price on the 242 Explorer! On-line build price starts at 90K. I wouldn't have expected that type of discount in the current market.

Jim

From What I am understanding from all the dealers I have spoken to, it is the type and size of boat.

Yamaha's, Wake Boats, bow riders that can be used for tubing and lounging and family fun and can be easy trailered in the 40k-80k range are the highest demand as well as PWC's. 19'-25'. Once you get out of the spot, like Bass Boats, Pontoons, Purpose Center Console's, Yacht's, etc. There are plenty of boats available, since the consumer market for them drastically shrinks and the prices have flexibility. Regardless of brand, most falling into those categories are sold out and some won't get anything in till early next summer.

If you want to plunk down $1.4 million on the 54' flying bridge yacht we walked on, which the Admiral loved, guy said you can take delivery today :) Includes slip for next year as well at the Marina, free of charge.

Last edited:
Robalo is a fine boat, it is made by Chaparral in case you weren't aware....

From What I am understanding from all the dealers I have spoken to, it is the type and size of boat.

Yamaha's, Wake Boats, bow riders that can be used for tubing and lounging and family fun and can be easy trailered in the 40k-80k range are the highest demand as well as PWC's. 19'-25'. Once you get out of the spot, like Bass Boats, Pontoons, Purpose Center Console's, Yacht's, etc. There are plenty of boats available, since the consumer market for them drastically shrinks and the prices have flexibility. Regardless of brand, most falling into those categories are sold out and some won't get anything in till early next summer.

If you want to plunk down $1.4 million on the 54' flying bridge yacht we walked on, which the Admiral loved, guy said you can take delivery today :) Includes slip for next year as well at the Marina, free of charge.

$1.4M yacht…”slip for next year… free of charge.”

LOL. ?

Hard to beat that show in the central Great Lakes region.

Had a blast last time I attended the show in person with my dad! In 1976.

(Seriously. Actually, I believe it was a very similar predecessor show.)

Back