• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Mildew Control Bags (Winterization)

TimW451

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Looking to see what others use for mildew/moisture control bags during winterization. My boat will be in storage using the Yamaha mooring cover and I am not likely to have access to it during this period. Star Brite's NosGUARD SG mildew odor control bags seem to be most common, West Marine, Amazon, even Home Depot:
STAR BRITE NosGUARD SG Mildew Odor Control Slow Release System, Twin-Pack | West Marine

I also see a lot of other options from Star Brite on Amazon that have buckets and hangers:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004A7MF6Q?ref=sns_bbp_ps_pi_d_B004A7MF6Q|B004O0FP4S&th=1

One concern I think I should have it the lack of access to check on these, could the overflow or do they just stop working. What size or how many?

Thanks!

Brad460

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
The main thing is to ensure your boat is 100% dry when you put it into storage...and then I just buy the desiccant bags at Fleet Farm ...(Menards, Home Depot whatever)..

100% dry boat plus a few bags and you’ll be fine...

Wishfull1

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I use four of these DampRid 4lb containers. Four is probably overkill, but just in case. They can't fill up and overflow and I have never found them to be "used up" after storage. Works great.

rrmidden

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I second the DampRid, I keep two of the buckets in the boat pretty much year round, replacing each spring. Never had a problem with mildew.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
We use damprid with great success.