• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Missing gate lever. See pic

Tatalover78

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
195 ID
Boat Length
Noticed the little aluminum block
( referred to as "lever" in pic) is missing. Use to be there but now is gone. What does this block lever exactly do? I ran the boat most all day before noticing and didn't notice any differences.

Note- not my pic. Borrowed from another post. Thanks to whomever took the pic

Attachments

Luc Lafreniere

Jetboaters Captain
Staff member
Scarab Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
165 G
Boat Length
It's a spring loaded "hook". When your bucket is moved up into the full forward position, this hook is supposed to latch to a silver, metal plate. If you manually move the bucket up until it clears the nozzle completely, there should be a metal plate here. Some people have lost this plate for some reason. The hook should catch it and lock the bucket in the up position.

If it's not there, then you should buy a new plate (very cheap I'm sure). If it's there and the bucket isn't locking, you need to adjust your tension on your reverse bucket cable so that it does, but no more.

If it's not locking, it will likely be fine with a couple of things that could happen: 1. Loss of full speed since the bucket may not be all the way up, thus blocking part of the thrust from the nozzle. 2. While at higher speed, the bucket could come down with no intention by you. This is like throwing out a giant bucket that is attached to your boat while at high speed. It will catch the water HARD and stop you very fast and make the boat "submarine". Ask me how I know lol Had it happen to me, very scary when you don't know what happened not to mention me and my guests were completely soaked (little 165 mind you).

Luc Lafreniere

Jetboaters Captain
Staff member
Scarab Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
165 G
Boat Length
1598185340322.png

Part 20 on this diagram is the plate.

Tatalover78

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
195 ID
Boat Length
Thanks much. Where did you get that diagram? Was searching scarabs parts book and couldn't find it

Luc Lafreniere

Jetboaters Captain
Staff member
Scarab Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
165 G
Boat Length
lol I recently learned of this as well.... BEST THING EVER! Select Rotax JPS. You can find your exact model number on your engine. You need to remove the first plastic cover (where the dip stick is located), then the SECOND plastic cover. You'll see your model number and can use that to figure out which engine you have. Letters AA represent years apparently. AA is 2014, AB 2015, etc. http://epc.brp.com/

Luc Lafreniere

Jetboaters Captain
Staff member
Scarab Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
165 G
Boat Length
Yeah, if you're in the USA. Folks like us Canadians can't easily order from these places without paying extra import/shipping costs. Hence, the BRP parts catalog is awesome because we can usually order the parts from any BRP dealer as long as we know the part number. I'm assuming this applies to the rest of the world.

But I agree, Crowley Marine seems to have an excellent site and a great resource for Americans.

ChrisM

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VR
Boat Length
I just now see you are in Canada.
Well, you can just walk right in to the BRP plant..!!!! :thumbsup:

Luc Lafreniere

Jetboaters Captain
Staff member
Scarab Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
165 G
Boat Length
I just now see you are in Canada.
Well, you can just walk right in to the BRP plant..!!!! :thumbsup:
lol I even speak French. Maybe I can swing us a deal... 3.5h drive away. Just verified. lol But yet, it seems you folks down south have WAY more options to get these parts than we do. The "joys" of being a Canadian when it comes to parts.