• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Mobile boat show 2/23-2/25

Just finished up at the boat show. No pics due to just enjoying the time with family and trying to check everything out. Lots of boats well out of my price range but it was nice to get in them and see how they stack up to others. Im not here to bash them but one thing I noticed when checking out the Yamahas was how cheap they seamed. From what I could tell they were the only manufacturer with a rubber rub rail on everything but the 27 footers. Dunno when they got away from the chrome but to me it looks & feels cheap. The seats are as hard as rock, compartment doors seemed not as solid as previous models, the dash seems empty and the marine mat or whatever they use was a lot thinner that the Seadeck that I’ve installed from JBP. The AR220 has a smaller storage compartment on the port side where the 230-240 series had enough room for a head if needed. We did like the walk through of the newer models and the abundance of cup holders. With everything my wife & I noticed on the 22 & 25 foot boats it has us thinking twice about buying either of them in the future. Just my .02 from finally getting into the newer models and comparing them to a 2009 AR230.

We absolutely love owning our AR230. That being said, our goal is a lake house on the ozarks. Not quite sure if the 250 models are worth it for LOTO. I can get a very nice 25-26ft tritoon for around the same price as the 250 models. Really need to get into a 250 model in some rough water someday..

Maybe we can just keep the AR230 forever for our local lakes lol.

We love our 230 as well but are always looking at something newer(never hurts to look). One of the main things we told salesmen when we were approached was that if we did buy that it would have to more than capable of a Bimini trip. That right there made a lot of sales people just leave us alone. For now we’ll just keep our AR230, replace the upholstry in the next season or two and enjoy what we have.

Back