• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Modernization and improvement 215 HO

Winerocks

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
I’m constantly working on improving my sweet ride. Thus far improvements have largely been looking after annoyances. Today I started a modernization, which will include several phases. The goal is to keep improving my boat, so that it stays “with the times”, and I’m not tempted to buy a new one. I’m planning in installing an NMEA 2000 backbone and planning equipment that will work with this system.
Phase I was upgrading the stereo. I have the upgraded Kicker system, which came with a Sony head unit with a removable face and three amps. The head unit was pretty crappy, with dodgy Bluetooth, mediocre sound quality, and pretty outdated. I went with an Infinity PRV 315.2 because I like the interface, remote, and that it works with NMEA 2000.
I decided to keep the head unit in the glovebox to protect from the elements. I had to make a new plate and cut some fiberglass in the glovebox to mount the bigger unit. I was able to reuse the usb input from the Sony.
176CC44B-2B1D-40EA-B7E1-3145D4FA433E.jpeg15EF31EC-34A2-490B-B93C-8971F0137640.jpeg
I put the remote in the same hole in the ski deck as the Sony was. Fishing the remote cable was a pain. I pulled off the port side cushion and was able to zip tie it to the other cables that run to the stereo. I had to climb into the storage compartment in front of the Admiral’s seat to reach the cable and pull it through. Ultra-tight squeeze! The remote looks crooked in the picture, but it’s not in real life.
262E20E0-9388-46E0-8664-7F7C7AA4A8B9.jpeg1E21E6C2-7513-49BD-ACE4-F5F843F9EE15.jpeg
I have a Simrad GO7 that will go to the right of the gauge cluster. I want to see engine temps, fuel use, boost pressures, control the stereo, use the chart plotter, etc. The NMEA gateway, Simrad, and amp will come a bit later…possibly also a rear-facing camera to keep an eye on the tubers.
Very happy with the results. The Infinity head unit is killer. The remote is way better too.