• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Monster swivel adapter insert

greg10

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Boat Length
I ordered the 1 7/8 size, but it seems a little small

Can I just use a 2" nylon that came with the monster rack?

Also, will the aluminum insert damager the tower powder coating?

Rooster

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Plastic one will rotate when it has weight from boards on it, at least mine did. I had to get the correct aluminum insert.

Not sure if it damages the powder coating since once I put them on they haven't come off

Farny

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Centurion
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I ordered the 1 7/8 size, but it seems a little small

Can I just use a 2" nylon that came with the monster rack?

Also, will the aluminum insert damager the tower powder coating?
I put a thin rubber strip underneath the clamp. So far keeps them from moving.

Espy

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
I have a 2022 195S and had the same issue. The 1 7/8 is to small but I measured the bar and the 2" would be to large. The bar on my boat measured out at 1.905". I have spent part of my career as a machinist and have access to some equipment so I chucked mine up in a lathe and enlarged the size of the 1 7/8 insert to fit the bar size. That is not an easy or cheep option for everyone, if I was unable to machine out my inserts I was going to buy the 2" and use a rubber shim.

I'm positive there is damage to the power coat especially on my tower because it is white. But they are rock solid and as far as I'm am concerned they are part of the boat now. It was hard to clamp them on there because I knew it was a 1 way street and I had to get the placement perfect. One thing to think about is if you don't have them tight enough and they move that will likely damage your powder coat. They take quit a bit of load and the the swivel adds a lot of leverage because the boards sit further from the mount.

Attachments

greg10

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Boat Length
Thanks everyone for your replies. I ordered an extra 2" insert and it fits much better