• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Moved Batteries today!

steined

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I finally got around to moving the batteries today.

It was not as easy as I had anticipated. Not sure why, but it ended up taking 3 beers. (about 2 hours) :p

I used this as a guide: http://yamahajetboaters.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=34877&start=0

I gained a great amount of space and it is totally worth it. If I had all the tools in the boat from the beginning it would have probably been a 1-1.5 hour job (2 beers?).

Anyhow, thought I'd share.

itsdgm

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Any pics? Would love to see what you've done.

ToddW850

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
X2 on the pics. Would love to see.

BoaterGuy

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
I just did mine too. I had to stop halfway and go buy a drill. I always forget something!

It was not fun crawling into the storage space to screw down the battery trays. Luckily I only had to splice the ground wire for the dual charging relay. Everything else was long enough. Put the start batt in the back and house in the front.

steined

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Hey it's not the qty, its the quality! These were high ABV IPAs (Mad Tree PyscHOPathy) so they are easily equivalent to 6 Bud Lights! I'll get pictures when I start on the sound deadening project today.

dtcjr115

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So right!

steined

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Here is the video discussing a couple points about the DVSR and the 2103 CARB boats. It also shows where the batteries ended up.

In the end:
1 - 49" #4 battery cable from Oreillys
1 roll of 18ga stranded copper wire I already had
1 package of 18ga 3/8" loop end: Couldn't find so had to use 16ga
1 package of 18ga heat shrink butt connectors: From Oreillys - I used heat shrink butt connectors.
2 48" lengths of wire-wrap (One red one black)- I used a red one for the new extended cable. You also need to cover some of the smaller house wires with its own loom and I used the new black loom for that. - From Oreillys

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Can someone explain the purpose of the wire wrap?

davel501

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Makes things look nice and extra protection to keep the insulation from getting nicked.

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Ok. Those both make sense. When I did my amp, I put the wire wrap in the engine compartment but didn't worry as much about it elsewhere. I was wanting to provide extra heat protection, mainly... Just didn't want to miss something.

troybox

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I just moved mine as well, definitely adds a lot of space...little tricky to hold the screw and the drill with the one hand I could get in the cubby. I would highly recommend a magnetic bit! :)