• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Moving Ballast Bag forward.

Commadore

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212X
Boat Length
2008 212 X. I never intend to use the ballast bag to create a wake, we don't ski. I like to cruise around at 10 -15 MPH, and my passengers like to stay in the shade in the back, but at that speed with that loading the boat will not go on plane. I was wondering if it's feasible to move a ballast bag to a front compartment, and reroute the hoses so that I could add water weight to the bow and flatten out the boat at lower speeds. I'm not real experienced running these boats, so this may not make sense. Any thoughts?

Cambo

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
They will not plane until 16+ Mph

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
At those speeds you'll just plow the bow deeper into the waves. You'd be better to get the boat on plane, then back off the throttle to "just above plane levels." You might be able to run ~ 20mph ish depending on load.

Seeing that you like to cruise so slow, and that these boats are going to be highly inefficient at those speeds, maybe get a pontoon?