• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Moving ballast bags

Renod

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Quick question for those of you with ballast bags. Do the bags need to be completely empty to move them around or can they still be partially full? I don't want to damage them by tearing where the handle connects. I'm asking because one son surfs on the port side, my wife and other son surf on the starboard side.

grywlfbg

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I'm sure the manufacturer would say they need to be totally empty. But IMO, if an average (non-bodybuilder) person can lift it, the bag is light enough to not damage the handles.

Brian McIver

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I have a 750lb Fatsac and I'd say 1/2 full or less you can still shift it around a bit without any problems.

marcham

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
I place my fatsac dead center and shift the passengers and wakebooster. When it's only the 3 of us, I place a 200lb sac on the transom which can be lifted when half empty.