• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

MR1 HO Hydrolocked

Humberto

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
H

So you're monitoring voltage off the purple lead?...when the engine is running....and then use that for the clock? Item 7 below is the switch I believe...purple not mentioned....In the second diagram It lists purple as "off" ?

I like the small diameter meters you have, Mine is a bit excessive at 2 or 2 1/4" to fit a dash hole.

View attachment 10802
View attachment 10804

Hello Andy,

I have an engine that has hydrolocked on me. I am asking you this ? Because I had a mechanic install a hour meter about 8 years ago never worked . I was messing with the cables and saw that on end was not completely pushed in to the wiring harness. I went ahead and pushed it in to the harness. when I turned my engine hydrolocked.

I would like to get my hour meter to work and motor any solution or Ideas .

Thank You

Welcome aboard @Humberto. Sorry to hear you're having problems. A hydrolocked engine is usually caused by water ingestion. If you had water in the engine and tried to start it the bang is usually a piston or crankshaft breaking. You should look at the oil in that engine and see if there is water in it. Tha hour meter you had installed would have no effect on hydrolocking an engine. You could also do a compression check to determine if you have a hydrolocked condition but pull all spark plugs first so as not to cause more damage.

@Humberto, Gym covered this well. The first thing that I would do is to remove the spark plugs, pull the safety lanyard and crank the engine. If you have water in the pistons (hydro locked) it should shoot out through the spark plug holes.

I am going to separate this into its own thread.

Back