• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

My boat is going through a midlife crisis!

Shuck Water

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
At 4 years of age, the old girl demanded an update. Perfect pass was just the start. Now she demanded seadek plus a set of rev10s. But she didn't stop there, two more wet sounds XS-650s in the mid cabin plus a 12 inch subwoofer with a custom vent in the front compartment all powered by a wet sounds sinister SD-6. Of course you can't forget the third battery to supply additional power and a WS-420 to adjust volumes. Sheesh, I'm glad she stopped with vanity plates....image.jpegimage.jpeg image.jpegimage.jpeg image.jpegimage.jpeg image.jpeg

And who said DIAMONDS were a girls best friend? ;)

Looks great!!

how hot is that seadeck going to get in this TX sun?

@BigN8 We're going to find that out soon enough ;) I can at least blame the darker color on my wife.

How well does your Durango perform pulling your boat?

Agree with @cozilla the 5.7 is a beast. I used to have a Lincoln Navigator with the 5.4 Triton and the Durango has much more power. Only issue is when you have cross winds, since the Durango is at least 1k lbs lighter than other fullsize vehicles, you get pushed around a little easier. It's nothing major, but you do need to keep more alert.

cool, im looking to downsize from my ram diesel to something smaller that can still pull the boat without issue, I wonder if the chassis is the same as the Grand Cherokee?

I pull my 242 with a Grand Cherokee with no problems. It's the same powertrain as the Durango, but the Durango is a little longer. The Jeep is rated for 7,200 lbs towing capacity. Not sure what the Durango is rated for.

My rear wheel drive Durango with Hemi is rated at 7500#

My boat is always demanding stuff!! How do you like the Wetsounds Equalizer?

Should've made your boat a him...

@rickd01 I'm pretty sure that the GC is still using the Mercedes ML chassis and the Durango is using the Mercedes GL chassis. Still a carryover from the Daimler days.

@DJMattyT Love the equalizer. I wouldn't have done the upgrades without one. It's a must, especially when adding HCLDs to the tower.

I have a 2005 Durango (the large body style) with the hemi and it will flat snatch the crap outta my sx 230...... It gets about 12.5 to 13 mpg on flat ground while towing the boat... Not too bad.

Back