• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

My custom 2010 242 Limited S Bimini Top

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
It’s been a while since I posted and longer since I have produced a video. Here is a link to a video about my new new Bimini top, extension and boot."

Generally, i had the original Bimini top remade in black, modified the Bimini extension from a 2006 SX 230 HO and also had customized boot made which allows me to store the Bimini while it is still attached to the tower.

All in, the materials and labor work out to a little over $1,500 or $500 per component for each of three major components.

Attachments

Last edited:

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
looks good, always thought the top was to small,

what happened to your arm, trying to one up little Ronnie on the snowboard?

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
looks good, always thought the top was to small,

what happened to your arm, trying to one up little Ronnie on the snowboard?
Thanks.

Generally, I broke my arm helping my son and his track team. Specifically, I hopped out of the back of a U-Haul truck after loading fireworks sold for Track’s Booster Club Fundraiser, lost my balance on the landing and fell backward using my hands to cushion the impact. I was told it was broken on day 2 but only needed a cast, this was revised to needing surgery on day 7 which I had on day 9. Jet skiing is out for the rest of this summer and boating has been difficult to put it mildly. Thankfully it’s not my dominant hand nor is the injury permanent but it was a painful reminder that no good deed goes unpunished.

The last time I tried to one up my son snow boarding I almost broke my other arm, seriously. I retired from snow boarding (actually from getting up at 3 or 4 in the morning, driving 3 to 4 hours and paying up to $400 per day, more for overnight trips) earlier this year when my son got his driver’s license and lost interest in snowboarding.

jjmparsons

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Now that is something that answers the bill right there!!!!!! Very impressive sir!!!! Time to start saving up and find a good seamstress!!!!!