• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

My Father's day !

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Started out the morning as usual,
out of bed, made my wife eggs and toast and she went back to sleep,

fed and walked the dog,

IMG_3817.jpeg

oldest daughter notified me yesterday her A/C fan wasn't blowing normally and would slow down, I had her pick up a new blower motor that evening,
watched a couple of youtubes about it and headed out to change it,
I was telling her and showing her what I was going to do, I was down underneath the dash and she popped the hood, I thought "great she's going to check the oil" a minute later I look up to see her filling the wiper fluid reservoir WITH A THICK BLACK LIQUID ! I jumped up from floor and yes, she had grabbed an old wiper fluid bottle that we used to store some old brake fluid in :(

IMG_5060.jpeg

Luckily I had my west marine vacuum pump handy and two minutes later we had pumped it out, refilled with fluid and pumped it out then refilled again and ran the sprayer/wipers for a few minutes to make sure it was clean fluid coming out,

the blower motor was easy and only took 20 minutes in and out,

then on the youngest daughters 89 grand wagoneer, it started billowing white smoke, we had guessed blown head gasket but checking the dipstick the level was very hight but still looked like oil, we were going to drain it and start fresh but.... when we drained it, it was immediately milkshake so we refilled with new oil to get it parked in the driveway in prep for removing the heads,

IMG_5056.jpeg

then the real fun began,
picked up my new to me truck, it's taken 34 years of marriage but I finally have the newest vehicle in the family, thanks to bign8 I have a 2020 f150 4x4 xlt sitting in the driveway, ( now the pressure is on the sell the old dually )
IMG_5054.jpeg

Babin Farms

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Started out the morning as usual,
out of bed, made my wife eggs and toast and she went back to sleep,

fed and walked the dog,

View attachment 221919

oldest daughter notified me yesterday her A/C fan wasn't blowing normally and would slow down, I had her pick up a new blower motor that evening,
watched a couple of youtubes about it and headed out to change it,
I was telling her and showing her what I was going to do, I was down underneath the dash and she popped the hood, I thought "great she's going to check the oil" a minute later I look up to see her filling the wiper fluid reservoir WITH A THICK BLACK LIQUID ! I jumped up from floor and yes, she had grabbed an old wiper fluid bottle that we used to store some old brake fluid in :(

View attachment 221912

Luckily I had my west marine vacuum pump handy and two minutes later we had pumped it out, refilled with fluid and pumped it out then refilled again and ran the sprayer/wipers for a few minutes to make sure it was clean fluid coming out,

the blower motor was easy and only took 20 minutes in and out,

then on the youngest daughters 89 grand wagoneer, it started billowing white smoke, we had guessed blown head gasket but checking the dipstick the level was very hight but still looked like oil, we were going to drain it and start fresh but.... when we drained it, it was immediately milkshake so we refilled with new oil to get it parked in the driveway in prep for removing the heads,

View attachment 221914

then the real fun began,
picked up my new to me truck, it's taken 34 years of marriage but I finally have the newest vehicle in the family, thanks to bign8 I have a 2020 f150 4x4 xlt sitting in the driveway, ( now the pressure is on the sell the old dually )
View attachment 221917
Between you and @zipper I'm not sure who stays busier. Makes me feel like I don’t do anything anymore.