• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

My final set of towable tubes

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Last December amazon had a big sale on towable tubes and having recently returned a tube to Costco I was in the market. I ended up getting:

1. A 3 person big Bertha tube (which can be towed like a chariot or conventionally with the riders sitting up instead of kneeling) for under $80 including a two year extended warranty. The kids like the chariot aspect as it’s a new/different riding position for them.

2. A 6 person mega rockstar tube (which can be ridden in a number of positions depending on how many people are on board), it looks like a hot dog sitting in the middle of a wide open bun, for around $120 with a two year extended warranty. The kids love this tube because of its capacity and I think because they are often playing co-Ed twister on the water in swimming attire.

3. Finally, I picked up my second poparazzi tube to replace a flat tube that held 3 riders and which kept getting run over by the other tubes. I paid full price for the first poparazzi and got half back on its sale. The current poparazzi cost me $5 in bridge toll since I got it for free and in nearly mint condition from someone on Craigslist. Hopefully, I will like it more now the second time around.

I don’t have any issues with smaller tubes and I have owned and used many but my tastes have changed over the years so now I only want tubes that are rated to hold at least 3 people and have a cushion of air between the rider and water.

Attachments

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
fun times!