• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

My first Jet

granitetech

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
After getting cancelled for a 2021 SX 190 we found a 2011 AR 240. I probably overpaid a little but it was still in our budget for a new 19 footer and there just were not that many close to me. So I spent the same amount of money as intended and got a bigger boat. YAY.

Driving it has been much easier that I thought. I am able to back it into our slip. My deck hands (wife and daughter) really have worked hard to help with docking. So far it has been a great experience and we all love the boat. It has been a hard summer and the has provided and nice escape.

My questions are:

I knew the radio didn't work going in but where should I start looking to find the problem?

The nav lights don't work but the anchor lights do. Is that a bulb out?

Should there be water on top of the clean out ports? I haven't seen any water anywhere else in the boat.

I am pretty sure I don't have a cavitation issue, but if I did how would I know? (just for general knowledge)

Thank for any help.

wTheOnew

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
When you say it doesn't work, what's that mean? Does the head unit not turn on at all or just no sound?

Nav lights lights are probably bulb. Shouldn't be too much trouble to pull it and see what it looks like. Stereo and lights are pretty simple electronics, so absolute worst case it shouldn't take more than a multimeter and some time to figure out where the problem is.

No problem with water on top of the clean outs. You'll have days where they're dry, wet, one dry, nothing to worry about.

fwiw, here's the manual for your boat if it didn't come with a physical one. 2011 AR 240 HO Owner Manual Not that I think any of you're questions are in there, just so you have it.

NE GA, Hartwell or Lanier?

granitetech

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The head unit does not turn on.
Thanks for the manual. Is there a way to print it?
We are on Lake Hartwell.

So far we have been having too much fun playing with the boat for me to take anytime to work on the few issues. Hopefully this weekend I will make time. Thanks for taking the time to respond.

wTheOnew

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Hopefully it's just a fuse somewhere. I can't find any info on the fuse panel for that year so don't really know.

Was hoping there was another Tech grad on Lanier. Definitely too many UGA flags out there. :yuck: (assuming grad because I've never met a fan that didn't go there)

TimW451

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Assuming we are talking about the factory radio, under the helm you can see the backside of the radio. There is a fuse holder in the yellow power wire.
IMG_0476.JPG

granitetech

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hopefully it's just a fuse somewhere. I can't find any info on the fuse panel for that year so don't really know.

Was hoping there was another Tech grad on Lanier. Definitely too many UGA flags out there. :yuck: (assuming grad because I've never met a fan that didn't go there)
Sorry I'm just a sidewalk fan from way back. You know the old saying, Not smart enough to go to Tech, not dumb enough to graduate from uga. That's me.

David Martin

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
The fuse compartment in in the engine bay(usually a round cap) fuses under cap