• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

my new scarab

jet set

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Just got my new 2016 Scarab 215. She has totally surpassed all expectations! Got the twin 250s and she is quick, sleek and badass! One note to anyone looking at the 2016s. They have changed the blue color. It is no longer a bright pacific blue. It is a much darker blue. They call it navy, but its lighter and brighter than a true navy blue. I was upset when I found out it wasnt the brightblue I thought i was getting. But when I arrived and saw it in person, my and I both really love the new color. We are totally loving the boat and cant wait to get her out on more open water than what's in myrtle beach.

Nice looking boat! Congrats. That must be one fast boat....what is the top speed supposed to be? What size fuel tank?

500hp on a 21footer...DAMMMM .my 212x is dual 180's so 360hp...goes 56mph I would guess 65/70mph ??

Come on @rkgdmd you know what that thing goes lol:thumbsup:

It is fast, but more importantly it's quick. I had it up to 50mph, it had more in it, but with only 3hrs on it I didn't want to push it until the breakin period was up. Dealer says it will do 60-65. It has a 41 gal fuel tank.

It is fast, but more importantly it's quick. I had it up to 50mph, it had more in it, but with only 3hrs on it I didn't want to push it until the breakin period was up. Dealer says it will do 60-65. It has a 41 gal fuel tank.

Sounds like you will be at the fuel dock often my friend. Enjoy those moments between fill ups. Lol!

Awesome boat! Can you comment on how loud (or not) it is at cruising speeds? Can you easily hold a conversation or is it pretty much "shut up and hold on"?

@OrangeTJ Engine noise is not bad at all at cruising speed. The wind is louder. You can easily have a conversation while cruising. The motors have a satisfying tone too. Not high pitched at all.

Cool boat, congrats.

Very nice looking boat! I know you will enjoy her!

Nice looking boat. Congrats. In the pic with the boat on the trailer, the dual axle trailer wheels look further apart that typical. Anyone agree?

Should be picking up my 2015 ho impulse on Saturday. Trading in my ar192. Needed something bigger with more power. This should take care of the power part.

That's the upgrade I look forward to. 500 HP is perfect and I can't imagine gas is much more than my 2 stroke. Great boat and congratulations.

Thanks everyone! Took her out on Belews Lake today and had blast. I think I had more fun driving the boat than my kids had tubing. Have 7hrs on her, just a few more till I can really open it up!

Awesome boat. Congrats.

Back