• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

My Old Boat

Glassman

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
My wife and I just spent a few weekends cleaning and detailing the old boat. Added a few things, tossed a bunch of stuff that we collected over the years...afterall, who needs 23 pfd's? I checked the expiration date on my flares...they were new when Davy Crockett last rode with us! But guess what? They still worked...ask me how I know
I have to hand it to her, she cleans up nicely...and the boat looks good too!

We are headed to Lake Mohave this weekend to celebrate my best friend's birthday. The weather guessers say we should expect temps upwards of 115 degrees...I'm thinking ice cream cake won't be on the menu

I figure Wednesday will be a short day....bags are packed and the clock is ticking

scokill

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I love our old boat. It has a few battle scars but is very close to the condition of the day we bought it.

AZDANSX230HO

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I need to get the oil changes done and clean up ours so we can get out for our first lake trip of the year, been so darn busy with traveling & work.

Have a great trip Jim, it's going to be hot this coming weekend.

Glassman

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I need to get the oil changes done and clean up ours so we can get out for our first lake trip of the year, been so darn busy with traveling & work.

Have a great trip Jim, it's going to be hot this coming weekend.
Thanks Dan. I saw the forecast for this weekend and don't know if I'll be able to handle 115 degree heat right out of the gate....I usually need a day or two to acclimate. :eek:

Here's an old shot of the ol' boat. We've since removed the graphics, thinking about adding a stripe along the waterline:

Vic n bogie_opt.jpg

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Glassman

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I still think of that as the "new boat" and was expecting you to post something else, for a 13 year old boat it still holds up for style!
Thanks Scott! If only they had a red one available when we got ours ...my wife just loves the red yammies! :thumbsup:

maboat

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
If only they had a red one available when we got ours ...my wife just loves the red yammies! :thumbsup:
You shoulda waited a year.... @Detonate's Red 2005 AR230 next my Red 2006 AR230. ;)
maboat-detonate.jpg
The 230 is a classic. It was the game changer for Yamaha boats. Still lovin' mine :D (not as often, but still lovin' it :shamefullyembarrased: )

biglar155

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
You can have my '09 SX230 (black) when you pry it from my cold, dead hands! ;)

buckbuck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Wait! Are you guys suggesting my 2008 is an "old" boat?

AZDANSX230HO

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Right? My 2008 was not sold new until 2012, it was a recession hold over, so my boat is actually 5 years old now :D

Glassman

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
You shoulda waited a year.... @Detonate's Red 2005 AR230 next my Red 2006 AR230. ;)
View attachment 57590
The 230 is a classic. It was the game changer for Yamaha boats. Still lovin' mine :D (not as often, but still lovin' it :shamefullyembarrased: )
Wow, great shot. Yamaha struck gold with that boat.

We couldn't wait a day longer. There weren't many boats available out here on the left coast when they first came out. Most people (including some dealers) weren't aware of the Yamaha "Boat". Most places automatically assumed I was talking about a PWC. Fortunately one place I called found one in Las Vegas and the dealer drove up there in his personal truck to get it for me. It's been our lucky charm ever since! :cool:

Glassman

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Ahem, I believe "Classic " is the proper term for a finely aged watercraft :winkingthumbsup"

I've been aboard the new boats....they dragged me to a boat show last year....I love the new technology the new boats have, but the prices? Not so much....yeah, I'm cheap. Besides, I'm comfortable in our boat and now that the kids have grown it is the perfect size for two seenagers.:p

AZDANSX230HO

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Wait, what? We had this discussion...age is just a number! :rolleyes:
I know buddy, I am pushing 50, umm I mean 29! The 230 Series have beautiful lines, I will keep ours around as well, no kids at home either!