• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Name on order for 2021 212XD

Andechsfinance

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212XD
Boat Length
Thanks for letting me lurk for a while to learn. :cool:
I'm new to boat ownership, but not boats. I am a diver who is starting the transition from under the water to over the water as I get older. Looking forward to learning from all of you -- even though it may cost me in envy mods to the new 21'.

Babin Farms

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Nice!! Plenty of us here that are willing to help you with any questions.
Make sure to post some pics when you take possession on the new boat.

212s

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Thanks for letting me lurk for a while to learn. :cool:
I'm new to boat ownership, but not boats. I am a diver who is starting the transition from under the water to over the water as I get older. Looking forward to learning from all of you -- even though it may cost me in envy mods to the new 21'.
:Welcome:
Yup, what @Babin Farms said!

We bought the 2020 212s this past summer and love it. Tons of power, handles great, comfortable ride, and after adding a few upgrades, she's perfect. Added an amp to get the stock speakers pumping, an on-board battery charger for storage, Seadek pads for the step-through area, second stainless tie-rod for the articulated keel "rudder" to balance out the steering, and in the spring an Axiom 7 chartplotter and 2 additional speakers in the cockpit for more volume. We're debating a bimini extension for the back of the boat, but that's all the boat needs for us. The trailer will be getting an LED brake light upgrade at some point for safer daytime towing.

Here she is at the docks one day for a great lunch at a nearby outdoor patio...the bimini catches the wind sometimes making it harder to dock at times, but I found going in at a steeper angle helps more with these boats and then use the engines to push or pull her in to tie up at the dock. It handles a bit different from a prop drive, but with some practice I find it's easier to maneuver than a prop boat since there is no transmission to clunk in/out of, and steering is a very short 1.5 turns lock to lock.

boat.jpg