• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

nautica rib jet 10 help

bbar

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Hi, I have a 2001 nautica rib jet 10 boat. Company is out of business and there appears to be no manuals for it. It is a mess: Engine disconnected with wires and hookups laying all around, jet pump missing, no power to dash, lights, etc. Here's some of what I'm trying to figure out:

-It is yamaha powered. I'm hoping it takes a "stock" type jet pump but which one?
-Motor in it is a 760 64 x but I think this is a transplant since a couple of tidbits I found said they came with a 701. It turns over but who knows if it works.
- I've gotten power back to the engine circuits but can't get power to the rest of the boat (lights, bilge pump ,etc.) Can't find any schematics so need a place to start looking.

Any thoughts, leads, info, etc. would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Hi, I have a 2001 nautica rib jet 10 boat. Company is out of business and there appears to be no manuals for it. It is a mess: Engine disconnected with wires and hookups laying all around, jet pump missing, no power to dash, lights, etc. Here's some of what I'm trying to figure out:

-It is yamaha powered. I'm hoping it takes a "stock" type jet pump but which one?
-Motor in it is a 760 64 x but I think this is a transplant since a couple of tidbits I found said they came with a 701. It turns over but who knows if it works.
- I've gotten power back to the engine circuits but can't get power to the rest of the boat (lights, bilge pump ,etc.) Can't find any schematics so need a place to start looking.

Any thoughts, leads, info, etc. would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
If that's a Yamaha motor I would start by contacting Yamaha customer service. I'm sure they have archived records and manuals that would help.

I cant help you with the electronics for the rest of the boat.

But, If im not mistaken those came with the Yamaha 701 62T or 61X. Alot of people transplanted the 760 into it because it bumped up HP a little bit and fit in the same location and used all the same components. The pump assembly should be the same out of any 94-98 yamaha waverunner 701-760. The main engine wiring comes out of the stator cover in front of the motor and goes to the ECU(BlackBox) that also houses the sparkplug wires etc. From there there is another wire harness that goes to the front of the boat for start/stop switch and screen display. That also splits off to the battery and the starter, etc..

Hope that helps.

thanks. I have made progress on the electrical but have one problem that crept up. Was cranking the engine to do compression tests. cranked a couple times. then went to crank again and ignition was dead. Its a yamaha 3 position key start with lanyard below it. Mid position no longer "excites" fuel gauge and crank position no longer cranks motor. Still have full power to starter relay and if I jump relay, engine cranks. Don't know what happened.

Closing out this post. Have made progress on electrics. Have ignition switch back, have house circuits back, gauges, etc at least light up. Motor cranks and has spark. There will be other posts- I'm sure I'm not out of the woods yet. Thanks for help.

Back