• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Nav lights question <lights flash>

captras

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
After 4 years, I just noticed something.... sitting on my back porch which has a view of the water and my boat. It was dark and I noticed an instant flash from the bow. About every 3 minutes this would repeat itself. Investigating further, I realized it was the bow nav lights that were flashing. The key was out, chargers on, battery switches on. Is this some feature that lets you know youre battery switches were left on? Couldn't find anything in the owner's manual.

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Heard of this as to the 2015's. There is a thread here that mentions it. When the bilge pump checks for water, the lights flash a sec. Someone called Yamaha and they were baffled...

Ajax

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I was going to swag and say probably related to bilge due to the repetitive nature and timing of it.

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
My 16 ar240 flashes the anchor light on the tower every so often. Never looked at the nav light

Zizzou 192

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Thought my front Nav lights and gauge lights were not working. It turns out that they only turn when it is pretty dark out. Anchor light does not seem connected to the light sensor though and operates independently . Have not seen any flashes from nav lights at rest yet. 2015 sx192.

whosnext

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
mine is doing the same thing, with house power on my tower and interior light will flash? is this normal?

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yes. See above.