• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Navigation tower pole is not secure

Scarabgreg

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Impulse
Boat Length
We used our nav lights for 4th of July and the poles do not securely attach to the boat. It has a black cap but with no threads to screw down. The instructions are not clear either. Is there a better way to attach the navigation lights or is it just pressure from the plastic cap that holds them in place?

Joseph Baxter

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
You turn the base of the pole, the black plastic piece at the bottom, and give some downward pressure and that secures it. I hate that thing so I installed side nav lights.

Robert Sands

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Another note for you. On mine I can turn it too much when I'm trying to screw it in and it will become lose again. Just be sure to press down securely and if this happens try to find that sweet spot.