• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

NE Boat Show

Adubbs76

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
A few general observations. The 27 was nice, and big but I don’t know if it is worth the price. To me it was a longer 24 with a larger head, sink and slightly less attractive window styling. The finish did seam a little nicer. More than double the price.

Pricing on all Yamahas have gone way up I’m glad I bought when I did. I have basically the same boat less the new reverse nozzle for about $9k less. I think we need a recession to bring pricing back down to something manageable. As all manufacturers are going nuts. The toons are really out of control. 23fts with 50hps going for over $47k with many in almost 6 figures.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Um I'll take no recessions for $200 Alex. Prices won't just reset or roll back 20 years lol. Realities of the Boat Sales Business in the Recession

Everything inflates. Cars, boats, motorcycles, candy, milk, you name it. I was going through some 45 year old documents at work and tossing out a lot of junk. Ran across several quotes for new machined valves and couldn't believe the cost of them. Today it costs us a few bucks to make a valve. Back in the 60's and 70's the valves cost 25 cents lol. In short, you gotta pay to play if you want to stay current.

I do agree the 27 boat is overpriced and ugly from the exterior. I'll never warm up to that windshield. I also agree your 2017 is just fine and not much has changed besides the r’new nozzle to even consider trading from a 2016+ IMHO.

Last edited:

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Um I'll take no recessions for $200 Alex. Prices won't just reset or roll back 20 years lol. Realities of the Boat Sales Business in the Recession

Everything inflates. Cars, boats, motorcycles, candy, milk, you name it. I was going through some 45 year old documents at work and tossing out a lot of junk. Ran across several quotes for new machined valves and couldn't believe the cost of them. Today it costs use a few bucks to make a valve. Back in the 60's and 70's the valves cost 25 cents lol. In short, you gotta pay to play if you want to stay current.

I do agree the 27 boat is overpriced and ugly from the exterior. I'll never warm up to that windshield. I also agree your 2017 is just fine and not much has changed besides the reverse bucket to even consider trading from a 2016+ IMHO.
x100 on this. No recession please.

jEt_jAk

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
The recession really impacted the boating industry heavily. Many boat manufacturers went out of business, boating shops closed, even some of the local lakes really went south. Some haven’t even fully recovered to this day. I think that is even when Sea doo stopped making boats.

Boating like other luxery items really are impacted from recession. So good economy benefits our hobby the most :)

I would actually argue that it helps to lower prices. More people interested in boats, more competition, more manufacturers, and more boat dealers to compete on pricing.

Compatico

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
More people interested in boats, more competition, more manufacturers, and more boat dealers to compete on pricing.
Supply and demand though, so more demand means higher prices. And if manufacturers close up, supply drops which again means higher prices.

Consumers are always the losers in this game...