• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Need advice - looking into buying a Yamaha 232 Limited

DougM

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Other
Hello, need some advice regarding purchasing a 2008 Yamaha 232 Limited that is posted online. I boated a lot with my dad when I was young, but it's been a long time, so I'm kinda new to the game again. The listing doesn't include the engine hours, I will call and ask tomorrow, but how many engine hours raises a red flag? Our neighborhood marina gets down to about a foot and a half at low tide - is that too low? Will it suck up sand and sea grass at that depth, even if idling or cruising very slowly? Is there a way to clean out the intake easily? We are in MD, and it's priced at 28K, does that seem fair? I've found recent years' sales for similar boats as low as 21K and as much as 35K. Any suggestions on important questions to ask the dealer? Thank you.

I would want to take it out on a test run, compression check on the engines, verify that there is no water getting in the oil, check the underside of the hull, impellers and wear rings for damage, make sure the cleanup plugs drop in , lock and remove freely, bilge pump works, blowers work, horn works, radio works, lights work and basically anything else it has works. Check the engine compartment for rusty hose clamps that need replace.

Hello, need some advice regarding purchasing a 2008 Yamaha 232 Limited that is posted online. I boated a lot with my dad when I was young, but it's been a long time, so I'm kinda new to the game again. The listing doesn't include the engine hours, I will call and ask tomorrow, but how many engine hours raises a red flag? Our neighborhood marina gets down to about a foot and a half at low tide - is that too low? Will it suck up sand and sea grass at that depth, even if idling or cruising very slowly? Is there a way to clean out the intake easily? We are in MD, and it's priced at 28K, does that seem fair? I've found recent years' sales for similar boats as low as 21K and as much as 35K. Any suggestions on important questions to ask the dealer? Thank you.

Beacon light marina?

I would want to take it out on a test run, compression check on the engines, verify that there is no water getting in the oil, check the underside of the hull, impellers and wear rings for damage, make sure the cleanup plugs drop in , lock and remove freely, bilge pump works, blowers work, horn works, radio works, lights work and basically anything else it has works. Check the engine compartment for rusty hose clamps that need replace.
Thank you very much - appreciate it!

$28K is a little high and it would have to be pristine to be worth it. It's a 15 year old boat (and engines). Is it fresh water? it seems corrosion kills more than hours.

It has some nice extras. Aluminum trailer is a plus. I noticed some upholstery patches. Sea dek looks nice

$28K is a little high and it would have to be pristine to be worth it. It's a 15 year old boat (and engines). Is it fresh water? it seems corrosion kills more than hours.
Brackish - it's on a river feeding into the Chesapeake

It has some nice extras. Aluminum trailer is a plus. I noticed some upholstery patches. Sea dek looks nice
Yeah it does, so it's worth checking out - I found a local person to repair upholstery appr $450 ea cushion to reupholster. Also curious how shallow is too shallow for jet intakes

Would a 'survey' check compression, water in oil, wear rings, etc?

Yeah it does, so it's worth checking out - I found a local person to repair upholstery appr $450 ea cushion to reupholster. Also curious how shallow is too shallow for jet intakes

18" is definitely pushing it. These boats act like giant vacuums with whatever is on the bottom.

It depends on the bottom. If sand only/mud might be ok, but if there are rocks and sticks might be too low.

One note about the water depth - jet boats suck more debris up when idling and running in no wake areas than they do when at higher speeds.

I would like to see it priced lower, especially due to the condition of the cushions. Negotiate $1k off? It is a broker sale and reduced, so motivated seller and marina looking to close the deal could help you. Otherwise it is actually under the market value of $29k with stock trailer. I would see if owner has maintenance history, great if maintained at Beacon, but the boat is from Delaware, so maybe not. Most likely was run in the ocean and bays. Professional survey is key.

Back