• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Need Fuel transfer pump

Evil Sports

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Unfortunately where I spend most of my boating time there is no fuel on the water. Its tiring bringing 6 gallon cans to the boat and try to get them in without wearing gas or leaving a slick. What have you guys come up with for a 12v gas transfer pump. Links are appreciated.

Babin Farms

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Shake siphon=no mess. By the time you drag a battery, fuel pump, tank & whatever else you had better have a gator or ranger to haul it all.

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I used to have one of these:

I didn't get mine from Northern Tool--there are several places that offer the same thing. Lasted for years until the hose got kinked and got a hole in it. Worked pretty well (you can either squeeze the handle and pump or put the thing above and then the pump starts the flow which will keep going).

AZMark

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
If you mean the good 6 gallon cans that aren’t actually supposed to be used for gas then maybe just put a ball valve on the fuel hose & an extender or something on the breather so you have better control.

JetPowered

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
A second for the jiggle siphon method. This is what I do on my dock. Get a small cart, build a shelf or just hold the can on the seats, takes only a few minutes per can. No spills

bumpy

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I use a replacement fuel line with the squeeze bulb; the bulb starts the flow and with the gas can higher than the hose end in the boat gas fill the gas siphons itself into the tank. Easy.

the MfM

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
+1 on the safety/shaker siphon.

Get the smallest one and you can use it to steal gas from your truck. No need to carry more then one gas can.

Beachbummer

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I rigged a PVC pipe section, and the bigger shaker syphon tip they sell with a 6ft section of nylon reinforced hose. I empty a 5 gallon can in about 1 minute, and the piece of pvc keeps the hose on the filter neck.

JetPowered

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
3/4”?

JetPowered

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length

This is what my neighbor uses the pour his gas Into his boat. A funnel on cart, looks like 1” tubing. 93A98509-0C53-414B-B290-54C830780AF6.jpeg