• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Need help!!!! bout a

Ryan1978

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
About a year ago, I bought a 2013 AR210. Within the first outing or second boat over heated. Took it to a mechanic and he supposedly flushed both engines. Took ot out about a month ago for the first time and immediately the port side engine overheated. I have read the threads and I have done everything everyone suggests. Changed oil, spark plugs and thermostats. Both engines over heat about 15 to 20 minutes in the water and within seconds of each other. I flushed the engines with salt away aglfter each use. I do have water coming out of the pissers every time. I am in VA and use it in brackish water.

I just bought a thermometer gun to see if I can pinpoint where it is getting hot. Does anyone have any other suggestions for me to look at? Does anyone know the temperature that engine and the exhaust should be running ? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Sorry to hear about the overheating issues... Sounds like you are on the right track with the things you have looked at and replaced.

A couple questions...
- Does it overheat when ran on a hose out of the water?
- Is the water warm/sort of hot coming out of the pissers? How about the volume of water coming out? It should be a pretty decent stream when running at +3k RPMs.
- Have you pulled the water inlet strainer on the pump housing to check that it's clear/clean? Doubt that's it, but worth looking at.
- Did you see anything when replacing the thermostats that would indicate something in the coolant lines that might block or restrict the flow?
- Do you have the trouble codes from the engines? Might be additional errors being thrown here beyond the overheat.

Regarding temps, here is what the service manual says, I don't see much about overall engine or exhaust temps. I suspect if you find places that are over 187F that would be somewhere to investigate...

AR210 Service Manual Pg 2-7.jpg

I do have a copy of the service manual for our model yr boat, so if that would help in any way just let me know.

Thank you much for taking the time to respond.

Yes it started over heating on a hose.
The water coming out of the pissers is warm not hot. Good volume steady stream.
Yes checked the inlet sorry forgot to mention it.
One of the thermostats had a little bit of algea on it.

BTW yesterday I was on the water and left engine completely shut down. I tried starting it and it gave me a low voltage message on the screen of that engine. Once it finally started it had resetted the over heat alarm and it ran great until it shut off again. When I say shut off, it completely went off line.

Once I got it home, it started again so I could flush it. Wonder if the rectifier going bad as well.

No problem, that's what we are here for!

How old is the battery? A low voltage message could indicate a bad battery, I have seen some odd issues that ultimately were because of that... Doubt it's the silver bullet here, but if it's older than 5 yrs might be a good idea to replace regardless.

Side note: I'd also recommend a second battery and on-board charger/maintainer for our boats.

FYI, I sent you a PM too.

I appreciate it. I connected the YDS, the code is 252. Thermostat or cooling system.

No problem, that's what we are here for!

How old is the battery? A low voltage message could indicate a bad battery, I have seen some odd issues that ultimately were because of that... Doubt it's the silver bullet here, but if it's older than 5 yrs might be a good idea to replace regardless.

Side note: I'd also recommend a second battery and on-board charger/maintainer for our boats.

FYI, I sent you a PM too.
Not sure how old is the battery. That will be my next step. Confusing why ut wouldn't do it on both though

Back