• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Need help deciding what model to buy

JKRMIAMI

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Hi everyone, my 1st post here.. We trying to decide which model to buy.
I went to look at the 24' 2020 lineup with the wife. We are looking at these two models and we will be financing at 0 down. We live on the intercostal and we have a lift, we like to cruise on the bay, go for a little while to the sand bar and once in a while if not very choppy go for a quick run near the beach in the ocean.

242SE paying 73k out the door (its +$125 a month more than the SX240) we would still need to get better shade coverage in the rear with some kind of bimini extension I dont know if it exist wife likes to go out but like the shade at all times. We never use fresh water when we go on a boat. As far as a bigger screen, or electric start It really doesn't matter to me. I do like the idea of 2 batteries dont know if both models have them

SX-240 paying $55,600 out the door. (its -$125 a month more than the 242SE) we would still need to get better shade coverage in the rear with some kind of bimini extension I dont know if it exist but I think since it has bimini already getting an extension made locally will not be an issue. Would need to get 2 cushions made for the rear.

I would like to know if these are good deals or if we can get them lower.
Also if I can get some input on both models, is worth going with the 242se as there is almost 20k difference? Resale values are they the same? Any features that the se has that I'm not seeing??

Thanks you in advance for your help, I just want to make the right decision

WildCatFan54

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Still lots of 2019 models out there to be sold ? So far as I know , No changes in the 19 and 20 model year except for colors and graphics. I was able to get my 19 242 LSE for about $65k with factory incentives plus dealer contributions and 4 year extended warranty. They are ALL going to depreciate rapidly so no big deal between 1 model year to my way of thinking ??

Marvin willis

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The dealer told me to be glad I didn’t buy the 242 because of all the issues with the electronic shifting. The stock speakers are awful but easily upgraded. I know everyone complains of the water pressure on the stock shower head. I’ll be adding that this winter with a pump that actually has pressure.

JKRMIAMI

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Still lots of 2019 models out there to be sold ? So far as I know , No changes in the 19 and 20 model year except for colors and graphics. I was able to get my 19 242 LSE for about $65k with factory incentives plus dealer contributions and 4 year extended warranty. They are ALL going to depreciate rapidly so no big deal between 1 model year to my way of thinking ??
I've made a decision I'm going with a 242se can you guys help me find a dealer that can give a 2019 at 65k out the door?

WildCatFan54

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I think you made a wise decision on the Limited SE. I have not experienced any electrical related issues with mine as mentioned earlier ?? IMHO those that have issues with the buckets getting stuck up or down are for the most part those that beach stern first and debris get trapped in linkage ?? I'm 100 % fresh water and NEVER allow the stern in water less than 5-6'. So far as dealer that will do $65k out the door I'm not going to be much help 1k miles away ! I knew going in which dealer I was going to purchase from . He actually did not have one in stock and sent an employee to St. Charles , Mo. to pick mine up and bring it back. I would maybe look at BoatTraders .net and other sites to see which dealers in your area still show inventory. Then go straight to that dealer(s) website to see if still in stock ? Maybe even a phone call as some don't update websites regularly. Good Luck.

Shark Bait

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited E-Series
Boat Length
I’ve got a 2019 242LSE and love it. The option to use a single stick for both throttles made even docking easier. The large Bimini top does a pretty good job of shading the majority of the cockpit for us to be comfortable. I have not used the shower so I can’t answer toward that. We’ve only used it in fresh water and no stern first beaching. Get it and enjoy. Money was made to be spent!

JKRMIAMI

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Thanks to everyone for your helping decide..

One last question I found both 242LSE 2019 at 65k OTD but need to trailer it in from up noth cost around 1k for this or a 2020 locally for 72,986 OTD with cover.

What do you guys think is the best buy 2019 or the 2020? Do you think I'm getting a good deal? Is there any difference between the 2 boats?

WildCatFan54

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
There is no difference in the two boats. Easy for me to spend $7k of your money BUT I personally would not have the guts to go back to your local dealer requesting service , advise , favors , etc. on a boat not purchased from them. Thats why I said earlier that I first picked the dealer and then ask them to help me find boat. For sure you are going to need help and doubt you want to drive "up north" again towing a boat !! I had the best of both worlds in that my dealer offered to go get a 2019 several hundred miles away and still give a fair price.