• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Need Help from GoPro Users

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have in my hands a GoPro Hero 3+. I have the USB cable, a ton of accessories, and a 64Gb SD card. It was handed to me from a friend that wasn't using it for our Jamaica trip in February. It took great videos for us the whole time, and still works well, aside from one problem.

I can't pair it to my phone for using the app control. Friend doesn't remember the password for the WiFi connection, and I can't get it to reset. I have found a procedure for updating the WiFi name and password through GoPro's website, but it requires me to put the SD card into a computer. This is where I get hung up. I have (3) PC's in the building currently. All running Windows 10. NONE of them can view or access the SD card. I can see that it's an exFAT file system, and I've tried to reformat it 101 times, and keep getting the error "File not found" and the formatting is unsuccessful. I've tried 3rd party software, disk management through Windows, command line. NONE of those work.

I've checked the "write protect" tab on the SD card adapter as well.

I can get the files (videos and pics) off the camera, through windows explorer, when plugging the USB cable into the GoPro camera directly, but if I take the SD card out the PC will NOT recognize it at all.

I can reformat that card through the GoPro, adn the GoPro works great. I just can't access the preview on my phone, and I can't get files directly off the SD card.

Anyone else ever fought this? Any idea what to do about it?

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Try a different SD card? In my many years of using them for game cams, they seem to just fail for "reason x" eventually and get buggy like your description. Also, could try a linux thumb drive boot, see if you can read / transfer to a location.

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Anmut hit it on the head. If you have the files you want off for now, go to a new card. New cards are cheaper, faster and you start off fresh.

And once you do get into that camera and attached, be sure to update your GoPro app and update the firmware on the camera. The 3+ I had years back had huge improvements in connectivity with firmware updates. And of course, the first one is the hardest, as it allows it to connect in a different way.

All in all, the 3+ Black was a good cam for me. Until it finally died one day, and GoPro gave me $100 towards a new cam, and it went away quickly.

Good luck!