• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Need help on diagnostic 232 limited

bshm007

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I bought this bought used last year. Was a great upgrade from seadoo sportster. dealer winterized and i stored in my garage. Fathers day with fresh tank of premium i am back out on the water and after warm up i was off. Both engines were great at 4000. I went to 6000 and left engine faded back to 4000. Rght engine could run as high as i wanted. I could push throttle further, but did not get much more.

Went home and changed plugs. Air filter clean and dry. Check clean outs from bottom. Back on the water and same thing happened. I checked fuel filter and all good.

i checked plug safety switches and all good.
Both engine start right away and idle fine. Why does is fade at 4000?

thanks for any ideas

mark_m

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Are your clean out plugs seated properly? When you changed your spark plugs is it possible you overlooked connecting all of the coils?

D&S232

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
No expert here, but based on what you said "went to 6000 and left engine faded back to 4000. Right engine could run as high as i wanted. I could push throttle further, but did not get much more." I would check your throttle cable(s). Sounds to simple I know...

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Is the throttle slipping back with loss of rpm ?

bshm007

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Is the throttle slipping back with loss of rpm ?
I pulled the clean out plugs like suggested. The seal were dirty. Scrubed them clean and the ports too. Regreased, installed and water tested back to normal.

thanks for all the suggestions